Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S4 battery drains quickly

RichPlummerPowell
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I've noticed recently that the battery in my Samsung Galaxy S4 drains rapidly while I'm not using the device. It was fully charged one night so I unplugged it, slept for several hours and woke to see a battery warning displayed.

I have tried terminating all apps and restarting the device to ensure that the problem isn't related to a bad app. Today, for example, the battery was down to about 36% charge two hours after disconnecting the charger, and with little use. The Battery status page shows the following apps:

Android OS 45%

Android System 12%

Google Play services 11%

Cell standby 9%

Screen 6%

BBC Weather 4%

Facebook 3%

Wi-Fi 2%

I understand that this model has had some battery problems and that it might be possible to obtain a replacement battery. Please would you advise?

20 REPLIES 20

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Take it to your nearest Samsung Repair Centre and get them to look it over.  If necessary they will replace the battery if it is one of those that falls into the batch of dodgy batteries.

PWIAC

Thanks drey_p. It appears that there isn't a Samsung Repair Centre in my city so I'm hoping a Vodafone store might help. Does anyone know whether this is possible?

They tend not to stock batteries in the Vodafone stores which is why Samsung may be a better option. They should be able to send one out to you so it may be worth calling them.

PWIAC

Check the thread on the recent OTA update killing battery life...

This has caused this problem for many users.

It is a Vodafone issue that they are simple ignoring...

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I suspect your issue is being cause by RCS (Rich Communication Suite) a new messaging App.

You should have the option to disable this service? If that option is not available...

The best advise would be to arrange a "repair" and ask for the Firmware to be rolled back to the previous version prior to the update.

One of the Team will pick up this thread soon and will be able to contact you via email. Once they have got your return email and verified your account details they will be able to help you more.

It would be helpful if you can post some information about your Phone for the Team.

In the dialer type *#1234#

and post the info displayed:

AP    = ?

CP    = ?

CSC = ?

Wink.gif

When Vodafone have confirmed this issue (see other thread) why would they not simply issue a fix???

As I say, appalling support!

Hi RichPlummerPowell,

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

DaveCD

As the issue was caused by a Vodafone OTA update, why have Vodafone not issues a new OTA update to fix the issue???

I just can't understand this...

My phone is not 'faulty' - it is workign exactly as your 'faulty' software expects it to work.

As I keep saying, this is appalling service, and we will be moving our business account from Vodafone when our various phone contracts expire.

thesoupdragon - Here are the results of *#1234#

AP: I9505XXUGNH7
CP: I9505XXUGNH7
CSC: I9505VFRGNH5