You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
iamfatsogracia

Samsung Galaxy S4 screen's broken

Hi,

I am asking this question on behalf of my husband who is a Pay Monthly customer of Vodafone and is phoneless at the moment. He upgraded his contract almost a month ago and received the phone on 28 May. This morning, he said that he noticed hairline marks on the screen of the phone and most of the screen is just black however there's a tiny bit of discolouration on the upper left corner of the screen, where there are numerous hairline marks. I placed a screen protector on the phone and it has a rubber silicone case on as I know how vulnerable these new smartphones are. My busband always put his phone his front pocket, with the screen facing his leg and I think he bumped on an edge of a table or something similar at work which caused these hairline marks. He has never dropped the phone, and the only area of the marks are on the upper part, where he bumped against a hard surface. I know that his screen is broken, just by looking at it. How do we get this fixed? Is it included in the warranty? Snce he's a Pay Monthly customer, shall we get this checked with Vodafone or to Samsung itself? What's the process of having his phone fixed? And will he get a replacement/temporary phone as he does need a mobile phone at work?

Thank you very much and hoping to hear from you all!
Message 1 of 7 (14,096 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 screen's broken

Do you have any insurance on the phone - either with Vodafone or house insurance or a bank account?

A broken screen is not covered by the warranty. You can either get Vodafone to repair the screen or go directly to Samsung and it will be expensive. Vodafone will only lend you a phone if you have their insurance policy.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 2 of 7 (14,095 Views)
Rank 41: Professor V
thesoupdragon

The screen will cost between £100 - £150

If Vodafone quote you £100 take it as Samsung usually charge closer to £150.

Wink.gif

Banner.png

Message 3 of 7 (14,089 Views)
iamfatsogracia

I don't have any insurance of any sort. We just recently cancelled our home contents insurance as well and decided not to renew. Oh well.. So how do we get Vodafone to fix the screen? Is there any link that I can fill out to get to them?

Thanks for your quick response! :smileyhappy:
Message 4 of 7 (14,088 Views)
Rank 41: Professor V
thesoupdragon

You can pop into a Vodafone Store or follow the links below;

Vodafone Repair

OR

Samsung Service Centre Locator
or Ring Customer Services
Tel: 0330 7267864
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Bank Holidays: 10am - 4pm

Banner.png

Message 5 of 7 (14,084 Views)
Rank 39: Professor III
hrym

FWIW, I'd also invest in a more solid case - you can get flip-type ones on ebay for practically nothing and they have a rigid back as well as cover for the screen.  As phones get larger and thinner they have little rigidity and are more vulnerable to twisting as well as knocks.  A silicone case really offers very little protection at all.

Message 6 of 7 (14,046 Views)
iamfatsogracia

Thanks for the help everyone! 👍👍👍
Message 7 of 7 (14,037 Views)