Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S4 won't open mms pictures...

Circ81
4: Newbie
It says it's downloading in message box then just disappears, no message and no picture. My data mode is on so anyone know what's going on and how I can fix this? Thanks.
21 REPLIES 21

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If your Wifi was on when the message has come through then it won't work 

But if you was on 3G then thats a problem 

as MMS only works on 3G

So depends on what was sent 

but if you press the download the the download Arrow at the top will show 

have a look in your downloads folder 

if you have recived the message then your settings are correct No need for CS to send you on a merry dance

But this is not the First MMS issue 

Can you send your self a MMS (yes you can do that !!!!) with a pic 

Well, I was at home at the time so my phone would have been connected to my WIFI but surely that can't be right?  I never had any problems with either of my BlackBerry's or the Nokias I owned before that.  Surely it can't be right that the Samsung can't receive MMS messages just because it's connected to WIFI at the time???  Is this a problem that is likely to get a fix?

I can't check the arrow at the top as it all just went.  I was in the text message screen at the time so saw it was downloading and expected it to just show there when it had finished, but it just dissapeared.  I've checked in my folders and there's nothing there...

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Circ81,

It's not that it won't download if Wi-Fi is on - the message just won't download over Wi-Fi. If it's switched off you know that it isn't getting in the way. 

Just to check settings are correct, can you try following the steps on our internet settings page?

Also, has this happened just the once or is it every time? The title says "pictures" but the post reads more like it's just one.

Dave

I still don't get why it won't work just because it's connected to WIFI.  I never had problems like this with any other phone.

I noticed that when I was in work today that the picture did come thorugh so it does sound like it's the WIFI thing, I just can't imagine that can be right...

It was just the one picture so far.

I've sent the text...

Thank you for your help with this.

I have the same problem. Thing is it worked before, so why has it stopped? I cant send or recieve MMS pictures now.

OK MMS DOES NOT WORK THROUGH WIFI !!!!!

Fact 

The only way any smart phone will send is via a 3g/4G signal that is because there is a cost and a route trace of the message has to be proven

Now you can set your wifi to turn off when your phone goes into stanby so it switches over to Data 

dibbs1967
3: Seeker
Ok, I understand that, but other phones manage to seamlessly download and send mms. Why can't this one. If it can how??

Hi dibbs1967,

What happens when you try sending an MMS over the network? Do you get a specific error message?

I'd try following the steps on our internet settings page to ensure the settings are correct on the phone. If they've been corrupted at any point, this will sort them.

Dave

dibbs1967
It just shows as downloading/sending.... no arrow at top, but never completes. Tried texting to web... no reply. Will try again with wife off.