You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
Circ81

Samsung S4 won't open mms pictures...

It says it's downloading in message box then just disappears, no message and no picture. My data mode is on so anyone know what's going on and how I can fix this? Thanks.
Message 1 of 15 (94,311 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

Re: Samsung S4 won't open mms pictures...

If your Wifi was on when the message has come through then it won't work 

But if you was on 3G then thats a problem 

as MMS only works on 3G

So depends on what was sent 

but if you press the download the the download Arrow at the top will show 

have a look in your downloads folder 

if you have recived the message then your settings are correct No need for CS to send you on a merry dance

But this is not the First MMS issue 

Can you send your self a MMS (yes you can do that !!!!) with a pic 

Message 2 of 15 (94,290 Views)
Circ81

Well, I was at home at the time so my phone would have been connected to my WIFI but surely that can't be right?  I never had any problems with either of my BlackBerry's or the Nokias I owned before that.  Surely it can't be right that the Samsung can't receive MMS messages just because it's connected to WIFI at the time???  Is this a problem that is likely to get a fix?

I can't check the arrow at the top as it all just went.  I was in the text message screen at the time so saw it was downloading and expected it to just show there when it had finished, but it just dissapeared.  I've checked in my folders and there's nothing there...

Message 3 of 15 (94,274 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

[ Edited ]

Hi Circ81,

It's not that it won't download if Wi-Fi is on - the message just won't download over Wi-Fi. If it's switched off you know that it isn't getting in the way. 

Just to check settings are correct, can you try following the steps on our internet settings page?

Also, has this happened just the once or is it every time? The title says "pictures" but the post reads more like it's just one.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 15 (94,260 Views)
Circ81

I still don't get why it won't work just because it's connected to WIFI.  I never had problems like this with any other phone.

I noticed that when I was in work today that the picture did come thorugh so it does sound like it's the WIFI thing, I just can't imagine that can be right...

It was just the one picture so far.

I've sent the text...

Thank you for your help with this.

Message 5 of 15 (94,257 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
dibbs1967

I have the same problem. Thing is it worked before, so why has it stopped? I cant send or recieve MMS pictures now.

Message 6 of 15 (85,521 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

OK MMS DOES NOT WORK THROUGH WIFI !!!!!

Fact 

The only way any smart phone will send is via a 3g/4G signal that is because there is a cost and a route trace of the message has to be proven

Now you can set your wifi to turn off when your phone goes into stanby so it switches over to Data 

Message 7 of 15 (85,476 Views)
dibbs1967

Ok, I understand that, but other phones manage to seamlessly download and send mms. Why can't this one. If it can how??
Message 8 of 15 (85,470 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

[ Edited ]

Hi dibbs1967,

What happens when you try sending an MMS over the network? Do you get a specific error message?

I'd try following the steps on our internet settings page to ensure the settings are correct on the phone. If they've been corrupted at any point, this will sort them.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 15 (85,407 Views)
dibbs1967

It just shows as downloading/sending.... no arrow at top, but never completes. Tried texting to web... no reply. Will try again with wife off.
Message 10 of 15 (85,405 Views)
Rank 38: Professor II
hrym

Something very similar happened to me on one occasion.  Message never did come through.  I've since sent an MMS, though not sure if I've received one.  I don't use them much.

There are issues with MMS on PAYG and suggestions of back-end overhauls.  I don't know whether either of those things is relevant.

I'd assume that, if you have wifi on and an MMS comes through, it'll just be via the mobile network.

Message 11 of 15 (85,397 Views)
BillyP2014

I had the same problem. In the end it was my phone settings.

I went to settings - more networks - mobile networks - access point names - vodafone mms

Vodafone MMS was full of blank entries.

I entered the data set out in this link (I know it doesn't specify Galaxy s4 but I beleive the data is the same for all handsets) and HEY PRESTO!

Nothing to do with wifi being switched on - on my handset anyway.

http://devicehelp.vodafone.co.uk/filestore/devices/Samsung/i9000%20Galaxy%20S/SamsungGalaxySi9000_MM...

Message 12 of 15 (73,510 Views)
dibbs1967

Will give it a try
Message 13 of 15 (73,369 Views)
ruthm4x

I just tried that link supplied by billy but sadly still no mms messages are downloading for me :smileysad:
Message 14 of 15 (23,913 Views)
Tech Team
Matt_B

Hi ruthm4x,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

Message 15 of 15 (23,502 Views)