Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung galaxy S4 wifi issues

laura2t
4: Newbie
I've been having a recurring problem for quite sometime. My Wifi will randomly stop working, as in it won't connect, and the button to turn on Wifi on my phone won't work either. This problem happens mainly after my battery dies. All I can do is keep turning my phone off and on until it comes back on, but this takes quite a few restarts, and the longest it's took to work is 2 days.
I can't do a factory reset, as I don't have a working laptop to backup my data and music, pictures, etc to. Does anyone else have this problem, and/or any suggestions on how to fix it?
3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you're allowing your battery to go flat, you'll be doing it no good at all and the wifi issue could be related to that.  You could also have a look at your power saving settings - do you have wifi set to go off when the phone's asleep?  I've found it can be slow to reconnect when it wakes, especially if the memory is a bit strained.

Try a new battery and don't allow it to go flat - turn the phone off when it gets below 20% for safety.  Lithium cells are happier with regular top-ups; they have no memory effect and don't need to be "exercised".

laura2t
4: Newbie
It's not the battery that's the problem, if I turn my phone off while my Wifi is working, it will have stopped working when I turn the phone back on.

hrym

Have you done an firmware update recently?  If so, it may be that you need to do a factory reset (yes, I know it's a pain) to clear out any bits of the old code that are hanging round in the system cache.