You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
jimleshed

Sidebar tool/tray - how do I add or remove Apps?

The S4 has a sidebar/tray tool thingy - (not found out what its actually called) - which looks handy, but how do you add new Apps to it? I can drag them off and on when editing, but I cant seem to find a way of actually adding those Apps that I might find useful on it! If anyone has any clues that might be useful!

Cheers

JLS

Just in case anyone hasn't found it yet, do a long press on the BACK key (bottom right) and a small arrow appears on the left hand of the screen. Touch the arrow, and a few shortcuts appear.

Message 1 of 6 (20,809 Views)
jimleshed

Re: Sidebar tool/tray - how do I add or remove Apps?

I have just found that its called the Multi Window Panel. so perhaps only Apps that can run in Multi window mode are available?

Who knows!

Cheers

Message 2 of 6 (20,804 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

Have  a look at this article on Android Central and it will tell you how to use the multi window

http://www.androidcentral.com/using-multi-window-samsung-galaxy-s4

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 3 of 6 (20,779 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andy

Hi jimleshed,

I’ve done some searching for you and it would appear that not all apps are compatible with the Multi-window function.

I’d suggest a quick Google search may show which apps you can use.

Thanks,

Andrew

If you have the time, would you be able to complete a short feedback survey for me? You can find it here and it’ll go to ensuring I’m offering the best service I can.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 6 (20,714 Views)
jimleshed

Thanks, that was the conclusion I'd come to.

I'm tending to use it as a shortcut for some of the Apps I use most, not for multi windows!

Cheers all

JLS

Message 5 of 6 (20,702 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

There isn't any ambiguity about it. The Side Bar comes pre populated with apps that can use multi view and the edit button lets you add more that aren't there already. It isn't designed to be a shortcut bar. That's the job of the home screens and the icons that can be anchored at the bottom of every home screen.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 6 of 6 (20,700 Views)