Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Some applications work on mobile data, others do not

nirmie
2: Seeker

Hi

I have been having an issue with my phone recently where I have certain applications working on Mobile Data and others only working on wifi - examples of these are Weather App, Facebook, even Samsung Internet App does not work on Mobile Data. I have tried everything from selecting my network provider manually to resetting my phone to factory default, to even removing the battery and sim for certain periods of time. I am convinced that this is not a phone issue as if I put another providers sim into my phone, this works (My phone is sim free). Is anyone else having this issue? Please could you let me know what options I have?

Thanks in advance

Nirmal Ramjee

9 REPLIES 9

Elf-n-Safety
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Nirmal:

I recognise those symptoms from other threads here (search on Cubot). Can you contact Google play and use maps reliably?

E

@Elf-n-Safety wrote:

Nirmal:

I recognise those symptoms from other threads here (search on Cubot). Can you contact Google play and use maps reliably?

E

By contact Google Play, do you mean open and download apps? I can do this on Wifi but not on Mobile Data. This goes for Maps too. I searched on Cubot and their are suggestions of adding in the settings manually. I have done this without any luck. What does happen when I try and refresh the weather app (for example), on the top of the phone it cycles 3G - H - H+ and then stops loading. This to me looks like it is trying all the frequencies. Am I mistaken on this?

Hi @nirmie,

We don't support the Cubot One, so if you're using this phone we cannot offer any advice on a fix.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Matt_B

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500. Is there any solution Vodafone could give me on this?

Nirmie

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

When the phone displays 3G, it's idling with no data being used.  H and H+ are data protocols on 3G and, when these appear, it means a data connection is happening.   This sounds more likle a network issue than anything else.  Have you tried in a different location - it may simply be that there's a poor connection where you are.

It may be that it's a phone issue, but let's try that first.   Ignore the Cubot reference, it's not relevant in this case - an S4 should work fine with no manual adjustment.

nirmie
Hi Hrym

I have 2 phones, both on Vodafone. One is an iPhone and I don't have this issue, but my S4 gives me this issue. I appreciate it is 2 different operating systems.

Nirmie

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @nirmie

Have you recently updated the firmware on the phone?

Cheers,

Laura

nirmie
Hi Laura

Yes I have. To the most recent firmware available for the Samsung s4

Nirmie

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @nirmie

There should be no reason for these apps not work on mobile data.

I’ve been through the app settings for a couple of these on my phone and there are no options to use WiFi only open them up, only to update them when there’s an app update.

Does the issue only happen in one location or multiple locations?

Are any other data services affected, like browsing the internet on a web browser?

Thanks,

Simon