Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

chat on s4

Lou1509
8: Helper
8: Helper
I currently have an s3 on which I use the Vodafone message+ app which uses sms and chat... my friend has an s4 and I can message via the chat to him and vice versa... but I don't think he's using the Vodafone message + app does the s4 have a chat option within its text messaging as stock?
many thanks
3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Message+ will use a data connection when it can - effectively it becomes a chat app.   When it can't, it'll send an SMS.   I'd assume this is how your conversation is proceeding, unless your friend does indeed have Message+.

When you're in a full chat session, you can send attachments without extra cost (afaik).  However, when it drops back to text, those will becomes MMS, which are chargeable, so be careful.

I don't think he is using message + as my husband uses it and I can see when he's active and the last he was active on chat yet when my friend is on chat all it shows is ready to chat altho he ( my friend) says that most of my messages come via chat..... I'm confused!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Lou1509 

Ask your friend to go to 'Settings', and check whether they have a chat function.

Alternatively, they can install the app for Android and iPhone.

There's more details in our Message+ FAQ's. :Smiling:

Cheers,

Ben