Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

no Internet 3g 4g or mms for weeks since update

billy68
2: Seeker
Is there any update coming out to solve the problem yet? This is ridiculous I am not going to do a factory reset as an easy fix for vodafone
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
And the eForum Team have responded in the second post in this thread advising that you need to perform a factory reset.

I've looked into this a bit more and at the time of posting there doesn't appear to be a newer firmware version on any network or on the unbranded handsets in the UK.

Vodafone doesn't comment on when a firmware update will be rolled out so please bear that in mind. As there doesn't appear to be anything rolling out in the UK at present, you could be waiting for a while. At the end of the day, as said previously, it is always best to do a factory reset after any upgrade. If you had, you'd not have this issue now. I don't think you have much choice if you want a fully functional handset.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @billy68 

Please take a look at our statement for more information about this. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

hrym
17: Community Champion

Some OS updates do require a factory reest and Samsung devices seem to be more sensitive to it than others.   It clears out any bits of the old code that are hanging round in system memory and causing confusion.  It's not an easy fix for Vodafone, just part of the experience of owning a smartphone, I'm afraid,  Don't forget to back up your content first.

billy68
Oh great a statement from the 11th of december this is the 27 th of january 47 days later and still no update ????? Fantastic service

hrym

Just do the factory reset.  Other people have reported that this has done the trick.

billy68
Why should i jst for ease of vodafone why would i listen to your amateur opinion please leave my chat

drey_p
Billy68 - you're posting on a public forum and by doing to are openly inviting replies from anyone who chooses to post. You do not have the right to request that certain people do or don't respond.

The information you've been given by is correct and is what is contained in the statement from Vodafone albeit information you don't want to hear.. If you want to resolve your issue, you need to do a factory reset of your device. In fact it's always a good idea to do a factory reset after an update as it can iron out various glitches and issues.

PWIAC

billy68
Im posting for the tech team to answer as i stated at the start i dont want to do a factory reset if there's an update coming soon as is being allegedly rolled out elsewhere .

drey_p
And the eForum Team have responded in the second post in this thread advising that you need to perform a factory reset.

I've looked into this a bit more and at the time of posting there doesn't appear to be a newer firmware version on any network or on the unbranded handsets in the UK.

Vodafone doesn't comment on when a firmware update will be rolled out so please bear that in mind. As there doesn't appear to be anything rolling out in the UK at present, you could be waiting for a while. At the end of the day, as said previously, it is always best to do a factory reset after any upgrade. If you had, you'd not have this issue now. I don't think you have much choice if you want a fully functional handset.

PWIAC

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @billy68 

We'll update the statement as soon as we have any further information about this. 

In the meantime please do a factory reset as recommended. 

Thanks,

Amanda