Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android 4.4.4 KitKat update

steveo67
12: Established
12: Established

I read earlier today that Australian carrier Optus and American carrier Verizon have released the Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat update.  So my questions are:

1. When are we getting it from Vodafone
  2. Will it include the dreaded RCS and messenger + bundled in with it ?
6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi steveo67, 

We have no news on this unfortunately. As soon as an update is available, you'll be notified. 

Apologies we have no further information on this. 

All the best, 

Kay

I saw today US carrier Sprint has 4.4.4 for the S5 & Note3

Can you confirm the update fixes the OpenSSL bug ?

Hi steveo67,

We're not able to confirm this, at this time.

Thanks,

Ian

I'm looking forward to this too as having lots of loosing network connection issues which i've heard this may fix- done numerous troubleshoting things over phone with vodafone with no luck so far- restarting or turning airplane mode off and on seems only temp fix i have. Hope this is soon and fixes this issue, but if anyone knows any other fixes i'd be happy to hear them?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi dave3005,

So we can look into the connection issues, please follow the steps here (including step 6).

Thanks,

Gemma

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

No - this happens in multiple locations, work and home at very least. Don't need to move to regain, just need to restart phone.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

DA53NX and DA76HZ but probably alot more as i cant tell until i try access the inernet again and wouldnt know postcodes.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Didnt have another vodafone/Unlocked phone to test with.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Internet Access is unavailable despite having 4G 3G H or H+ displayed still and being able to make and receive calls and texts. either restarting phone or turning on and off flight mode get this back.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

ALL

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Since day 1, only been with vodafone a month.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Intermittent, no pattern can happen once every few days or upto 5x in one day sometime.