Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mediaserver draining battery.

12bazza
4: Newbie
Hi, noticed last couple of days my battery has been draining really quickly and only lasting about half a day with minimal use. Checked battery usage and it's saying that Mediaserver using high percentage (32%) and can't find what Mediaserver is and how to stop it. Have not done any updates or downloaded any new apps. Thanks in advance.

Barry
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

The most common trigger of the media server issue is corrupt image files somewhere on the device that a hard reset will resolve. Before you perform a hard reset, back up your image files and do a full format on your SD card. Then perform the hard reset of the device. Only copy your files back when your phone is behaving.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

I've just performed a Google search under Mediaserver on the Samsung Galaxy s5 and the returned search results do point towards battery drain.

Theirs too much info for me to paste here and outside links are not permitted if they contain certain links so I would suggest performing the search and go through the various resolutions people have posted.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

12bazza
4: Newbie
Thanks for quick reply but have already Google problem and seems everyone has different fixes so thought g would try on here for a fix as have had good results on here from various ppl without taking pot luck.

drey_p
Hi there

The most common trigger of the media server issue is corrupt image files somewhere on the device that a hard reset will resolve. Before you perform a hard reset, back up your image files and do a full format on your SD card. Then perform the hard reset of the device. Only copy your files back when your phone is behaving.

PWIAC