Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with camera

Trenchetta
1: Seeker
Hi.

I had a problem with my camera a few months ago. I would take photos but when I looked in gallery there was just an error image. I thought it was as device storage was low so I put an ad card in which rectified the problem. Now my camera photos save straight to the card. A few days ago this started happening again but I have both space on my device and the memory card. Either the photos come up with an error image or there are coloured lines. Any help would be fab as I missing photo opportunities 😯
5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

There could be an issue with the camera itself or an issue with the software.  Have you tried a factory reset of the device at all?

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

As you have a 2 year guarantee with the phone from Samsung if a Soft or Hard Reset do not resolve this I would approach Samsung UK Support via http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I hope this resolves for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Trenchetta
1: Seeker
Hi thanks for your replies. If I turn my phone off and on again and take a photo it works but then a few photos later it is back the same again. To do a full reset I need to store all my stuff somewhere and I struggle with the best way to do this!

drey_p

@Trenchetta wrote:
To do a full reset I need to store all my stuff somewhere and I struggle with the best way to do this!

Doing a factory reset would be a good idea.  If you send your phone off for repair, that is that first thing that they will do, so one way or another, you're going to have to back that data up unless you don't mind losing it. 

PWIAC

hrym

The best place for your content would be the sd card itself, but don't forget to remove it before resetting as the process will probably format it,

As the issue was temporarily solved by adding the card, though, I'm wondering whether this is a space problem.  How much strage do you have available on the phone and the sd card?  You can find out by going into Settings and tapping on Storage.   If both are nearly full, you may need to clear some stuff out, or perhaps get a bigger card.