Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with microphone Galaxy S5

AudixDude
2: Seeker

I have been told by everyone that speaks to me , including operators from vodafone, that they really battle to hear me. It is only on the S5 and it is not me talking softly or holding the phone away from my face - there is a genuine problem.

Any suggestions?

17 REPLIES 17

Hi @rolstonj 

Welcome to the eForum. 

It’s seems as though there’s a fault with the microphone.

You can find help with our repair service here.

Thanks,

Sarah

FarhanChaudhary

I have got the same issue.... Everyone I talk to will ask me to repeat what i just said and i would then shout in office.... :Sad_face: sooo much embarrasing... My friends got same phone with Vodafone and Three but they don't have that problem. It doesn't happen everytime but I do understand that most of the time my clients are struggling to understand me and they hesitantly ask me if I can just repeat what I said or if I can say it loud.

I reported it to Vodafone 4 days ago and they asked me to goto vodafone shop to get it fixed but then i said going there would cost me £3.50 parking charges in Westfield and a 2 hour off from work altogether costing me £33.50 which I won't be able to do. She was a good customer rep and she said she will post me a box to send the phone back to us.

Now, I have got following issues:

1. The box never arrived.

2. I can't give the phone back to you guys until I have another one which can carry my 36 gig data and everything from top to bottom aligned exactly the way I want and suits my business needs... When I got this phone, it took me 4 hours to setup the phone to meet my needs. Where do I take all this data? and who cares about the personalized settings I have in place which are not backed up anyway? Let's supppose I goto Vodafone shop, would they be able to give me a replacement? Nah, I don't think so.... so I am in middle of the road with no option to go for even as I am paying £62 a month for this contract. But does Vodafone cares for customers suffering from such serious faults?

:Sad_face:

I have got Galaxy S5 Copper Gold.

Everyone I talk to will ask me to repeat what i just said and i would then shout in office.... :smileysad: sooo much embarrasing... My friends got same phone with Vodafone and Three but they don't have that problem. It doesn't happen everytime but I do understand that most of the time my clients are struggling to understand me and they hesitantly ask me if I can just repeat what I said or if I can say it loud.

I reported it to Vodafone 4 days ago and they asked me to goto vodafone shop to get it fixed but then i said going there would cost me £3.50 parking charges in Westfield and a 2 hour off from work altogether costing me £33.50 which I won't be able to do. She was a good customer rep and she said she will post me a box to send the phone back to us.

Now, I have got following issues:

1. The box never arrived.

2. I can't give the phone back to you guys until I have another one which can carry my 36 gig data and everything from top to bottom aligned exactly the way I want and suits my business needs... When I got this phone, it took me 4 hours to setup the phone to meet my needs. Where do I take all this data? and who cares about the personalized settings I have in place which are not backed up anyway? Let's supppose I goto Vodafone shop, would they be able to give me a replacement? Nah, I don't think so.... so I am in middle of the road with no option to go for even as I am paying £62 a month for this contract. But does Vodafone cares for customers suffering from such serious faults?

:smileysad:

Hi there FarhanChaudhary

I have moved your new post to where you posted exactly the same message originally.  This will prevent duplication of information.

I would recommend taking the device to the nearest Samsung Repair Centre and let them check it over. They will probably be able to repair the device for you pretty quickly.  You'll only get a replacement from Vodafone or Samsung if yours is beyond repair.

PWIAC

What you did is REMOVE my post mate, not move it. I cannot find the last post I made. I have a copy of it here and I most certainly did NOT say "the exact same thing" as my original post ...that sir, is the biggest lot of bull I have ever heard.

Please tell me why on earth I need to take this phone in to Samsung??? Did you even bother to read my post - especially since I said the exact same thng" twice according to you?? Who are you anyway? Are you an electrical engineer, a technician, a technical advisor or just "some bloke" who likes to Lord it over people in the forums, delete their posts when they say something you dont like and then repeat what their colleagues have already said twice before?

You guys at Vodafone take the cake seriously.

Your action right now has guaranteed that I will not renew my contracts (plural) with vodafone (This post's content has guaranteed that it will be "moved" too.)

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@AudixDude wrote:

What you did is REMOVE my post mate, not move it. I cannot find the last post I made. I have a copy of it here and I most certainly did NOT say "the exact same thing" as my original post ...that sir, is the biggest lot of bull I have ever heard.

Please tell me why on earth I need to take this phone in to Samsung??? Did you even bother to read my post - especially since I said the exact same thng" twice according to you?? Who are you anyway? Are you an electrical engineer, a technician, a technical advisor or just "some bloke" who likes to Lord it over people in the forums, delete their posts when they say something you dont like and then repeat what their colleagues have already said twice before?

You guys at Vodafone take the cake seriously.

Your action right now has guaranteed that I will not renew my contracts (plural) with vodafone (This post's content has guaranteed that it will be "moved" too.)

I have edited my original post to add clarity to the situation.  I was referring to the other user in the thread and had merged his new post with this thread where he had originally posted.  The advice in that post was intended for him, although it may also be applicable in your situation.

Nothing of yours has been removed at all - you will find all the posts you've made by clicking on your username.   As you will see by doing so, all your posts are there!

And before you say anything else, yes, I have moved the entire thread from the iPhone section to the Galaxy S5 section - that way it will get a better response!

For the sake of additional clarity - I am a Vodafone customer like yourself.  You can easily spot a member of the Vodafone Team by the Vodafone logo which is next to their username.

PWIAC

Hi FarhanChaudhary,

So we can resend the postal repair packaging out, please get in touch here.

If you’re not able to be without your phone, you could follow drey_p’s advice and take it to Samsung directly.

Thanks,

Simon

Ok i have had this and i found somthing

open up your dialer then press settings > calls

now scroll down to were it says ringtones and sounds

now from stock Noise reduction is turned on untick and try a call again

My wife had this hering me turned that off and bingo

also you can test ho good the mic is using the recording app when recording the mic shows more green the louder you are this shows the mic is working