Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communications Suite - Samsung Galaxy S5

JanPW
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I installed the latest update for the Galaxy S5, and have a problem with the messages app. I now constantly crashes!

I wrote a post on here before, but it has been deleted. I would have at least expected a message about my questions in there on how to resolve this? and what vodafone is doing about it?

Thanks

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have merged a number of threads surrounding RCS together into one thread per device. This has been done so all the conversations can be done in one place rather than in several different threads. This means we are making sure that we can monitor the posts easier and when we respond we are doing so to everybody on the one device.

Please note that this thread is for discussion for RCS on the Samsung Galaxy S5 device only. If you wish to discuss the matter on another device please go to the relevant thread. If there are posts about different devices made on here, then the moderators will move them to the proper threads.

Thank you.

View solution in original position

74 REPLIES 74

For a communications company, it is really quite depressing how poor Vodafone are at communicating.  This is true for talking to us their customer community, as shown by so many of the community team responses appearing to be copy/paste boiler plate without any substance, but it seems to also be true internally because very often we find out what is happening before the community team.

This is one of the reasons I stopped visiting this forum a few years ago.  I returned with the hope that things had changed, but clearly not.

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi Steve

No, when you get an update from Samsung it will include the RCS service. This RCS service can only be disabled.
If you own a phone that has not had an update with RCS but you choose to install RCS (message+) from the Play Store, you can uninstall that app as usual.
Hope that makes sense?
TSD 🙂

Makes perfect sense ... thank you :smileywink:

TSD,  what about if I get the S5 unlocked ... do I still only get the option to disable M+ or would i be able to uninstall ?

drey_p
16: Advanced member

I don't believe having the phone unlocked would have any bearing on whether or not you could uninstall Message+.  It is integrated into the ROM and the only way to remove it entirely would be to flash a different ROM.  That is not without it's hazards including voiding of your warranty.

PWIAC

So if you unlock and put a o2 sim in you still get to have m+ ? 

drey_p

As I understand it, yes, because it is part of the firmware.  When Samsung push out the Vodafone variant of the ROM to the Vodafone handsets, it is done on the IMEI number and not what network the handset is connected to. How well Message+ will work with an O2 SIM in there, I don't know.  This is of course assuming that I don't have the wrong end of the stick, but that is how I understand things.

PWIAC

Soundlab
4: Newbie
I got another update this evening. Build number g900fxxu1ani3 and baseband stayed as g900fxxu1ang8.

Just stated it being for performance improvements but no idea what's in it

@Soundlab wrote:
I got another update this evening. Build number g900fxxu1ani3 and baseband stayed as g900fxxu1ang8.

Just stated it being for performance improvements but no idea what's in it

Here we go again then.  What is in the update Vodafone?  

Don't say it is nothing to do with you and it is all Samsung's doing.  The existence of the Vodafone owned RCS in the previous update proves that you at the very least have input into the build, and therefore also have the contacts to find out what else is included.

steveo67
12: Established
12: Established

Anyone installed it yet ?