Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S5 Lollipop issues

gmiller756
2: Seeker

Has anybody else been experiencing issues with the device from the lollipop update? Mine are Messages, Contacts and Car Mode all crashing without warning. I have never even used Car Mode.

I have friends and family with the same device on different networks ( EE, o2, Orange) who have all received an update to fix the issues. I tried asking the Vodafone team via Twitter about when an update would be available and instead of giving any real information, i was sent a link to FAQ's about software updates which essentially said "just wait and see". Ive was also instore 2 months ago and was told that I would have to wait for an update which seems like it will never come.

This is my first contract with Vodafone and it will definitely be my last.

2 REPLIES 2

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gmiller756,

The FAQ's are the only information we have available for software.

Whenever an update has been done on Android, a restart of the phone is required to complete the process. This also clears most errors.

If you're still having issues, we'll be happy to take a look in our repair centre.

DaveCD

gmiller756
I went in store to Vodafone and was told I had to wait for an update and that they wouldn't be able to do anything else.