cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S5 Screen blank

Got a brand new Samsung Galaxy S5 today on contract in gold. 

Phone was working fine all afternoon, then started to freeze as losing battery.

After charge had completely gone after trying to charge for an hour the phone will turn on and show the lights at the bottom but the screen stays blank/black.

There is no damage and I haven't drop it.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

My advice would be to return it.  If you got it instore, go back to the store with everything including the paperwork and they will exchange it for you.  If you got it online or through Vodafone Telesales, call 191 to arrange a return. 

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'll second that.   There are many things it could be, but don't mess about, get it replaced.  If it happens again, we can investigate whether there's anything you've done or if there's an app that's causing a problem, but with luck it won't.

steveo67
12: Established
12: Established

i would take it to your nearest VF store .... if you ring 191 you will just end up frustrated as they pass you from pillar to post

or they might ask you to fill a form in .... but your gonna have to wiat a couple of days for them to get back to you ;-(

jeffkinn

Steve - posting the same message on every thread you can find is tantamount to spamming and against the forum rules. It will bring you to the attention of the mods in the wrong way and it is another way of slowing down the whole forum for everyone.

Please stop it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Its not spamming am giving my advice to a fellow community member .... i never asked you to pipe up ... you chose to

jeffkinn

There are several hosue rules to follow when you post on a public forum like this. Two of them are:

To remain civil

Not to hijack other people's threads to vent your own frustration.

You have broken two of those rules on this thread and that is unacceptable.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

look I have remailed civil

I gave my advice fo a fellow community member which was to go to a VF shop with the broken phone.

My ither advice is dont ring 191 and if you fill a form you told me you have to wait a couple of days for anyone to respond and I would imagine having a broken phone has got the customer annoyed (which i completely understand)

the only person hijacking anythis is you and for some reason you have a bee in your bonnet this afternoon

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

We've recently edited a post in this thread as it breached our house rules. Whilst we encourage conversation within the community, there are certain rules everyone must follow. This ensures the forum remains suitable for everyone, as well as being free from excess clutter.

The person whose post has been edited has been contacted privately.

If you're unfamiliar with the house rules, please take a minute to view themhere.

Thank you

Sukhi