Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S5 32gb availability?

Chunky1234
4: Newbie

Hello there,

Anyone got any dates for when Vodafone will be offering the 32gb version of the S5?  Have contacted Vodafone CS but they don't have a clue.

Anyone out there got any idea, my S3 is up for renewal in a couple of weeks, it is the 32gb version............

Thanks in advance.

21 REPLIES 21

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chunky1234,

Please keep a look out here for any new release updates.

Thanks,

Gemma

So, we don't know when the the 32.gb version will be available from Vodafone ............

pb3000
5: Helper
Given that Vodafone never offered the 32gb variant of the S4, I recommend you don't hold your breath :Smiling:

I guess it is a demand related thing, the uptake for the 32gb model of the S3 must have been disappointing.

These days with the speeds and capacities of MicroSD cards, along with Android's ability to store some apps on SD, probably means there is less demand for 32gb and 64gb models. Indeed I'm not sure the 64gb model of the S3was ever offered for sale in the UK?

If you must have a 32gb or higher model you do have the option of upgrading to the 16gb S5, flogging it (£19.99 unlocking fee) and then sourcing a 32gb model from another market. If you go this route do be sure to verify that the phone will support the UK 4g frequencies .

I'm in a similar position with my IPad 4th generation. Vodafone only offer the 64gb iPad Air, so as before I will flog my upgrade ( after Vodafone lightens my wallet by £19.99 for unlocking) and buy the 128gb model directly from Apple.

Any update on this my contract is up for renewal and am interested in only the 32Gb version. Been months now.

hrym
17: Community Champion

Generally speaking, Vodafone seem to be offering only one variation of any model.  My guess would be that uptake of the larger capacity ones has been disappointing, probably because more and more manufacturers are moving torwards the sd card option.   It's not quite like iPhones.

how does the sd card help you with app data!

my 2 year old galaxy s3 32gb only has a few gig left rest is app data. all the media goes on the 64gb memory card in it. app data can only been stored on the internal card.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi deviant1,

We currently only stock the 16GB version.

If we do start to stock any other models it will be seen on our website.

DaveCD

jeffkinn

What app data are you talking about that takes up so much space?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

nova 3 2GB tom tom uk 400 Meg etc etc according to the reviews galaxy s5 16GB will only offer 10.7GB of free usable space so few large games and apps later its all gone.