Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone/Sky Mobile problem

scminks
2: Seeker

Evening all.

This is my first post here so i hope im a hero and not a zero!

Well pleased with my new S5 and the Vodafone offer of Spotify premium or Sky Mobile free for 2 years.Went for the Sky mobile freebee,but ran into a problem.I searched the web for the fix and found out it was a known problem.You must complete the "transaction" with WiFi OFF as i did,but got the message"you must switch off WiFi and complete over mobile data to validate" etc etc.Wi Fi WAS OFF !!!!Tried over and over again.but no change.Tech Team said same thing so no help there,although very professional and polite.Seems to me the problem is service providers dont always know (and is understandable) everything about every phone and every opperating system.For me the fix (and maybe all phones with Android with the same problem) was to disable WiFi AND go to advanced settings in WiFi and disable the "scan for WiFi connection even if WiFi is off".When i done this i downloaded the app again and then sat back and watched Sunderland stuff Chelsea.Hope this Helps

Scminks

4 REPLIES 4

Skelly6000
Thanks mate, worked like a charm!!! :Smiling:

Oh the good old sky again

The registration has to be done Via Mobile data so validation info gets passed on

once that is done you should be able to use Wifi

if not be aware this app will use Data and alot of it and you don't get unlimited with Vodafone

hi guys

picked up the s5 on friday and wanted to use the free sky sports

every time i got to watch it

i get this message asking me to turn off the wifi(which is bloody turned off) and use a 3g/4g signal

i seem to only get HSDPA connection in my area

would this be the problem?

Hi KurtCreelman,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B