Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Warning Camera Failed.

angel1976
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had my S5 for 2 months and it is now telling me that the camera has failed. How do i get the phone replace quickly as i am going on hoilday too see my family in 4 days and my Dad is ill so want too take the photos.. 

I have been told that it can be sent away and i will be given a spare phone but it will not be as good as the S5.. Aint happy Bunny.. 

8 REPLIES 8

shinwar
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

do you live anywhere near a Samsung repair centre?

if you do maybe they can sort you out quicker

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you have Vodafone insurance, you should be given a similar device to the one you have, but that will also depend on what the shop has available as loan stock at the time.   If you don't have insurance, I'm afraid loan devices aren't available.

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member

If you speek to samsung they will give you a ref number to tack to the Teck geeks at carphone warhouse if its just a firmware flash they can sort it there and then

But if its harware it will have to go back to samsung it tacks them five days via post

or if you go there 24 to 48 hours depending on what it was

Have you tried a Factory reset as that warning came in to forms Hardware which was from the start or firmware which a factory wipe fixed

I have reset and hard reset. fault still there.. I have just read ona web page that this is a known fault and that samsung will replace phone yet i have  been told that is not the case by vodafone. I aint happy... 

hrym

I suspect what Vodafone told you was that they wouldn't replace the phone - it'll depend on what Samsung allow them to do under warranty.  Contact Samsung direct - details are on the Support tab of their UK website.   I seem to remember there have been camera issues (not sure if it was with the S5), but they'll have the details.

Northern-dj

Ok you need to ring samsung and first get them to check to see if it was in the effective batch

if it was, Then samsung may offer to swop this as they were supposed to of recalled them or notified the effected networks.

Vodafone were made aware of this and the probs no but its getting to the right person

personaly i would get samsung to sort this as it will also be alot faster

I rang Samsung and they denied their is a problem. And vodaphone told me that it needed to be sent away to be fixed.. 

There is if you google it the USA was hit bad

I would still of sent this to samsung for repair, The UK was not supposed to of been hit by this but some came through

Samsung did confirm to A T&T customers this see

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/25/5653192/samsung-confirms-fatal-galaxy-s5-camera-problem

manly as there were loads

if you also read

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/25/samsung_s5_problem/

O2 customers are also haveing this issue

see

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/galaxy-s5-warning-camera-failed/td-p/6...

But when sending your phone in avoid Anovo who do alot of work for Carriers and Manufactures, ask for a alternative i did as the messed around with my sisters Tablet my S3 went to a london bassed company and was back with in five days