Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

double messages

12bazza
4: Newbie

Hi,just wondered if anyone else having troubles when sending txt. When i send txt it sends it 2/3 times and i also recieve txt the same, Use to have this trouble when server was busy or poor reception and it would say unable to send message please try again but it does not even do that.

Cheers

Bazza

4 REPLIES 4

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi, not had it myself but a few months back when friend of mine who is on orange was texting me I was always receiving the same message twice, happened for a couple of weeks then stopped, he wasnt even aware his phone was doing it.

If it keeps happening one of the tech. team may be able to look into it for you.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @12bazza

Is this still happening? If so, try restarting your phone – this has worked for me before when this has happened.  :Smiling:

If you're still having the issue, let us know the following:

• Does it only happen when you text certain contacts?
  • What networks are you texting when this happens (what networks are the recipients using)? 
  • Does it happen in certain locations or everywhere?

Thanks,

Jenny

this problem is still happening. It only happens with 1 contact and we are both on voda, tried turning on and off but still happening. When turning off then on again it makes it worse,messages recieved 3/4 times

cheers

Bazza

Hi @12bazza,

Is this happening in all locations or one in particular?

It may be worth setting your text messaging application to a different application (Google Messaging/Samsung default messaging/Hangouts).

You can do this by following the steps below:

• Click on Settings
  • Select More networks
  • Tap on Default messaging app and select a different app

Thanks,

Matt B