Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

shehzu
4: Newbie

Hi,

As numerous users suggested on this forum, everyone seems to be having problems. Not to mention all these bloated softwares which vodafone pack up on the devices. 

When is an update coming out for VF users? I`m speaking about Lollipop 5.1

(Please do not suggest factory update etc.. as these have been tried so many times and it doesn`t work at all)

Andonisp
After cleaning the cache three four times in a row as suggested by lots of websites I was close to throwing the phone out the window with all the bugs slowness and poor battery life. I didn't want to do a factory update as I have things as I want them and was hoping the update 5.1 would come sooner. So I started disabling some stuff to see what the heck is going on. I disabled first Google now and uninstalled Google + and Facebook and deleted apps which I wasn't using in a long time. happy to say my lovely phone is back to normal! Snappy, decent battery and responsive operation. Hopefully it works for you guys as well. BTW I installed Google plus and Facebook back and Alls well

Soundlab
Mundo - good to know it resolves issues. .. from comments I'd read elsewhere I'd seen it was an improvement. Maybe one day Vodafone will actually let us have it.................

Soundlab
Indeed. Vodafone Germany made a newer version available ages ago. Just seems Vodafone UK are dithering somewhat. Unbranded UK owners have had a couple of updates since 5.0 was first released.

djs1970
I'm so glad I'm still running KitKat! Lollipop release and pending update from Vodafone is a farce. I'd contact BBC Watchdog, flood social networks and email the ceo. Maybe then Vodafone will realise what a mess this is rather than saying the phone is faulty, return it for repair!

I think it is about time we all stop moaning on here and start going to Watchdog. Just put my complaint in this afternoon. Need the followers to make a difference. I have been with VF for 8 years this is so disappointing. VF have got worst over the last 2 years this will be my last I think. You contact them for any issues they read of a script and have no idea. Half the problems are normally the bloat ware that VF add. I spent the first hour with any new phone wiping it all off and guess what it normally runs better.

Sheephelmet
7: Helper
7: Helper
The problem is that with previous versions of android, you could roll back at reset on your own if you didn't like the new OS or if it caused issues. Lollipop overwrites the MBR so you can't do it without using odin....which invalidates your warranty. This is ridiculous now, I think we are having the proverbial taken out of us!

richardbrown197
This whole shambles is the final straw with VF for me. And as for that 'we are no longer responding' post. The prat that forced a minion to post it needs to remember it is us who pay their salaries. If a car or other consumer product was released onto the market with that many faults consumer law would protect you however with soft/firmware there appears to be none . I will be changing after 15 yrs with VF at end of contract.

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Flashing official Vodafone firmware with Odin3 will not invalidate your warranty.

Rooting or flashing non official firmware or kernels will trigger the flash counter, then the Warranty will be void.
Official firmware does not trigger the counter. 😉

If the flash fails and you brick the Phone, simply call Samsung and tell them the update failed using Samsung Kies.
They will reflash the phone free of charge (usually within 5 days).

You can get Odin3 and the firmware you need from [Removed in line with House Rules]
[Removed in line with House Rules] will have the walk through guides you need.

TSD 😉