Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

Sheephelmet
7: Helper
I cleared the full cache and did a full factory reset, it worked better for a day or two and then went back to being slow and rubbish and it's getting worse by the day 😞

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Sheephelmet

If the phone is faulty, we can offer you a repair

Thanks,

Sukhi

Are all you VF Tech people robots or really have no idea? Stop telling us our phones are faulty or that you cant share firmware dates. Clearly there is a Firmware fault you are sitting on the fix and are to busy sticking bloatware on it!  I have gone through all the forums on VF and you all keep hiding behind the same wall of we cant give you that or this r your phone is faulty. SORT IT OUT! We are all getting fed up with your stupid responses.

Yes we have all tried reset, cleared cache so on it dont work!

I think you summed up the situation perfectly. I have already confirmed that the fix makes a MASSIVE difference. 

Sheephelmet
That's very naughty! So essentially what you are saying is that the vodafone provided firmware update has hit the knox counter and invalidated the Samsung warranty? For some reason that doesn't surprise me!

It did seem to almost go back a version...............

I still have issues with messaging crashing & battery life being poor, I've had a few other crashes too. It does seem more stable than the last one but not perfect.

And before anyone says, yes I've performed a factory reset, cleared the cache, disabled rich comms.

I'm just hoping at some point they get the proper upgrade release out.

Waiting for phone to come back - Samsung dont really want to know I have to complained via email system no managers to speak with me and that takes 3-5 working days (NOT HAPPY) and vodafone suggest buying a new phone - not acceptable - waiting manager to phone back within 24 hours.

@footyclarebear

It is highly unlikely that any Vodafone firmware update would invalidate you manufacturer’s warranty. All Vodafone firmware updates for you Galaxy would be approved by Samsung before release, if this download came from an official channel it wouldn’t affect your warranty. For more information regarding this please see our Firmware policy.

I hope the managers call helps to resolve this matter for you.

jamsterdm
10: Established
10: Established
I want mute mode too....

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Rizsam and @jamsterdm 

We don't publish release details for firmware, as they can slip following testing.

There are further details in our Firmware FAQ's.

Thanks,

Ben