Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

How very helpful to all your customers currently stuck with a £35+ per month contract for a phone that doesn't function properly & is essentially a paper weight that in my case will probably end up meeting a brick wall very soon. 

This issue is driving me, and no doubt your other customers with a Galaxy S5, utterly mad. You may as well have not replied at all, that would have been just as helpful!

And why on earth are you sharing a link for a generic FAQ page that doesn't specifically deal with the Lollipop update when 90% of your customers are  very technologically aware! 

Amazing post by the way.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mhmg511

All the information we have can be found in the Firmware statement on our website.

Thanks,

ChazzD

I know you have a statement which kind of skates over any firmware questions to cover you but to make the phone useable and to stop me throwing it will a warranty be void if I change the firmware to non standard?

I mean until the 5.1 is released by Vodafone

:smileyindifferent:

stephenvalente
4: Newbie
Cowardice and arrogance. So sad to see. One more step nearer a network switch in the New Year.

May be they didn't like you putting the CEO email address on here. It's not as if it's hard to find. It's on their website and of course you could just Google it 

I'm still on KitKat, but I am fully behind you guys as Vodafone's attitude is appalling! 

I have a screenshot of this and will definitely be sending that to the ceo of the company. This is just ridiculous. In my thread I have only put his email address which can be found on google and via a vodafone link we could contact him directly.

Guys, just to intervene here. I have a Vodafone branded S5 and have Lollipop installed and had absolutely no issues with it. It runs smoothly with no hanging or freezing. I also have friends and colleagues at work who are also on Vodafone and have the S5 with Lollipop and have no issues.

Instead of berating Vodafone for not telling you when another update will be coming out (something that they never do I might add), wouldn't it be more constructive to work out what you have in common that could be causing the issue.

I assume that everyone here has done a hard reset of the device and also cleared the cache. Has everyone tried not installing any apps and data back on the device and seeing if it behaves itself? That could be a good place to start because if the handset runs okay withou any apps installed it could indicate an issue with an app. Installing them one at a time will help to narrow down which one is causing problems.

PWIAC

While I partly agree with Drey_p, just Google the S5 and look at the problems people are having. I appreciate most people on here complain, your experience is rare. Most people don't post on forums to say everything worked fine! 

What is annoying people the most is Vodafone's inability to release an update and to keep getting the same copy and paste replies doesn't help. 

Because of this forum and the Internet I will not update my phone until an update is released and cures all the problems people are experiencing. 

Sheephelmet
7: Helper
7: Helper
I don't think so based on the startling lack of useful or apologetic response. Almost 6 months since this debacle started and yet all the other suppliers in the UK have brought out more than 1 update in that time. Also, I notice that Poland has already been given 5.0.2 on Vodafone, so not only has an update that fixes this been passed out for vodafone elsewhere other than the UK, but those with working phones are now on their next iteration while we still wallow around with unresponsive and unreliable phones.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

For those joining our thread, our Firmware Statement outlines why we don't publicise release dates or testing progress.

While we'll monitor this thread, we'll only post when we have new information, or when we've not supplied the statement for a few days (to help those not scrolling back a page or so).

A backup and factory restore has helped clear up the majority of hiccups for most customers, following the latest update.

I'd also ask that everyone keep the eForum guidelines in mind when posting. This is a public forum and personal attacks on other users or my team will not be tolerated.

Thanks,

Ben