Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

Also (sorry I love these consumer laws...lol).....

If you have this phone under contract then you should be able to use this firmware problem to get out of the contract as you could say that the phone is not fit for purpose. 

ajl2012
4: Newbie

"5.2 is a whole new kettle of fish and almost an admission that 5.0 was generally not great."

Understatement of the year, mate, and making a total mockery of the company line the mods are constantly churning out when they refer us to their Firmware FAQ.

(Removed in line with House Rules)

At least someone is getting firmware updates! (just not vodafone customers) 😉

I moved away from HTC this time as Samsung had a better rep with software. Its not been a good ride so far but then I still firmly believe its because Vodafone won't release the fix.

I just want it fixed now!

I've just contacted Samsung directly and they have confirmed that V5.0.2 has been released so it really is Vodaone that are holding everyone up!

ajl2012
Ok, Mr Moderator, I'm CHEESED off, is that ok? You're still losing a customer if this doesn't get sorted.

Ok .. this has now gone beyond a joke ... factory reset does not work ... you bricked my phone with your update ... is this just a plan so we all get fed up and upgrade to the latest phone ?

Right .. my phone is working poorly .. it is not broken or in need of repair as i have looked after it .. the only thing that i did was install stupid lollipop 5.0 ...

So either sort out the update ... or provided me with a working samsung galaxy S5 .. or if you cant do that provide me with the latest samsung galaxy s6 .. as this appears not to have any problems ....

Thank You

Madmax13

They offered if I took my phone into the shop they would downgrade to KitKat but whats the point of putting old software on a new(ish) handset??

Soundlab
Looks like UK unbranded S5 owners got another update today. .

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

I understand your frustration during this time.

Unfortunately I don't have any further information on this issue at present.

All the information we do have can be seen in our firmware statement

Thanks,

ChazzD

The firmware statement is pointless. Thats not an answer to our problems if anything it winds people up more!