Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

It is getting a bit ridiculous now! My phone crashes almost daily. It crashes everytime I try to connect the hands free to the car, when I send messages, my contacts disappear.

All they will offer is that I send it in to have it repaired.........It's not broken! The software is and they have the fix to solve it!

:manfrustrated:

shehzu
4: Newbie

I think the next way forward would be for us to send an email to the ombudsman. Can someone please draft a template and paste it here. 

What I`ll be doing is sending this phone for repairs. I know all they do will be restore factory settings which i`ve already done zillions of time. When I get the phone back I will send it back again and again. When the phone is replaced, I will check if it is the same branded vodafone monstrosity,
If it is and I still get problems, this according to the what i`ve signed will be a clear breach of contract and should trigger a termination of the contract. 

Right, I am sick of having to remove the battery on a now daily basis to reboot the phone because it has stopped responding and won't unlock. I keep getting a blank screen and the power button does nothing, I get random, not used before or for ages apps opening whenever they see fit, the phone is so slow to respond, that opening the google search function takes so long, I can almost make a cup of tea waiting for it! This is ridiculous!!!! Vodafone, you have had 5 months to fix this bloody awful software and we are still waiting. I am one step away from cancelling this absolutely shocking service......angry does not even cover it!

ajl2012
I'll be taking my own action in the new year if this isn't sorted soon, I'll be taking my £90+ a month elsewhere, and I'll be strongly advising advising my son, and other family, friends and acquaintances to cancel/avoid Vodafone contracts at all costs.

It's the networks and their insistence on installing piles of crapware we DO NOT NEED, take that away and keep them away from the OS and any updates, and you take away this avoidable mess. Sim-free handsets work PERFECTLY on these networks without any interference, so all this talk of 'optimising' the firmware is just rubbish in my opinion.

Besides which, I'm sure the handset manufacturers know more about their own technology than the networks do.

I'm getting seriously fed up with this. Another little bug I've discovered in messaging is that while I'm typing, it often deletes whole words while I'm going along. I thought I was going crazy until I actually saw it happen before my eyes a couple of times. A word just disappears at random. Ah well, another four months or so of having to reboot my phone a handful of times a day, failing that, only a year until my contract is up.

If this mess isn't cleared up long before that it'll be adios amigo.

Well I thought I'd make a complaint as this is getting a bit ridiculous now. The best offering was to downgrade the phone to older software until the update is released.

Not really a solution, to run older software on a modern handset!

Whats the point?? I'm not sure what Vodafone are up to on this?

How hard can it be, other service providers have managed it!

stephenvalente
Sad but glad to know I'm not the only one suffering this problem. Turned a pretty good phone into an awful excuse for one. Made my wife's S4 behave like treacle too, but ironically seems faster than my S5!

Know I'll be going back to an iPhone when my upgrade/end of contract comes next year, as Apple would next have allowed this to go on for so long with a fix. If Vodafone hope to retain my custom, they'll pull their fingers out, stop talking out of their colectives, and sort this rubbish firmware out. If they can't, it kind of destroys their reputation as a company for me. Sure my NHS discount can be matched elsewhere by EE or O2.

I wouldn't go back to the dark side (apple). The problem has been fixed by every other network apart from vodafone, who remain silent on the issue, I will definately leave vodafone hopefully via the ombudsman,

Soundlab
Just read on GSMArena that 5.0.2 is due to start rolling out early June. ..... so if recent Vodafone UK firmware updates are anything to go by...we might see it in 6 months.

It should be 5.1 that we're waiting for !?

And it looks like they're now rolling out V5.1.1..............

No chance of getting that!

As for Apple, I'd never stray to the darkside. I tolerate my work iphone 5s but thats as far as I'd go. Android all the way!

I just want the fix thats been released!

Soundlab
I've not seen anything regarding 5.1 on the S5 yet. 5.0.2 is the newest version I've seen mentioned for the S5 anywhere. BUT I could well be mistaken.

However seeing as Vodafone UK have yet to release ANY of the 5.0 patches I don't hold much hope.