Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

4: Newbie
If we failed our contract then we would be fined so what do we get for VF breaching the contract by giving us a device/ service that does not work because of there lack of Cs.the contract that I have is not even worth as toilet paper.

ian0508
Honestly I can't see a fix coming. Why would it take this long but not for other networks? I have rolled back to Kitkat and as soon as my contracts up I am off to ee.

There has been no official statement to this problem. The post the "tech" team keep directing us to is generic at best. No apology, nothing. Appalling customer sevice

ian0508

[removed by moderator]

Probably the best chance if any of you want out of your contract. I used this to get out of a contract with 3 a few years ago due to poor network coverage.

ajl2012
Android 'M' announced by Google, slated for release in the third quarter of this yea. I wonder if this is an admittance that 'L' was poor, and the 5.1 update will be shelved? It's taking its time getting here, maybe this is why?

If so, that'll be me forking out over £90 a month for two S5s that won't work properly until at least September...

Lovely.

djs1970
Why doesn't someone take legal action? Vodafone clearly do not care. Phones are not fit for purpose and legal action is the only way forward. I'm glad I haven't installed Lollipop yet! I've been with Vodafone 20+ years and this is the treatment we get, appalling!

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
To add -> Also  don't allow the Networks to hold their firmwares back for testing etc or to put any network bloat ware on their iPhones.

One of the many reasons I go with .

I hope this gets sorted for you guys as swiftly as possible.

😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ajl2012
It is indeed Android 5.2 next for the S5, I read on Ubergizmo that it is currently being tested for Samsung by Optus in Australia. I'll refrain from posting a link only for it to be removed, '1984' and all that.

They can remove what they like from this thread, but I guarantee I'll be removing ME from their customer base if this doesn't get resolved quickly, so how do you like them apples, mods?

Sheephelmet
7: Helper
7: Helper
5.01 is the patch update that we all NEED to fix this debacle. 5.1 or 5.1.1 or 5.2 is a whole new kettle of fish and almost an admission that 5.0 was generally not great. I don't care at this point about future firmwares, I just want us as a collective to be allowed to have the 5.01 patch that every other S5 in the country has got already!

stephenvalente
Looks like 'Big Brither' is removing any negativity towards vodafone too given my last post and the following comment have been removed.

Time for a compliant to the Communications ombudsman!

If Vodafone don't like the negativity, fix our phones!

ajl2012
Great letter, madmax, you've nailed it there.