Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

yes .. amazing news .. !! Firmware update available .. but you will need to get the s6 ... :smileyvery-happy:

lets face it we aint getting a new one cause vodafone have given up on the s5 updates now

@madmax13

Are you saying that with any real knowledge? Do you actually know that this firmware update is not going to be pushed to the S5?

It says about the update here

https://www.androidpit.com/galaxy-s5-android-update

Surprisingly not just Vodafone :smileysurprised:

I just emailed Samsung and they gave me the same answer. Don't know when the update is coming, do a factory default afterwards..........hmm why didn't I think of that :smileytongue:

Sheephelmet
7: Helper
7: Helper
Samsung is releasing 5.1.1 for the S5 because it has been shown that 5.0 was a pile of crap and made the S5 useless. The post from Samsung site also said it was coming to UK at the same time for all S5 customers, so if Vodafone don't bother to release it, it can be found on Kies no doubt.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

We are unable to advise when new firmware updates are released.

You will receive a notification on your phone to advise when an update is available.

Please see our statement regarding Firmware for more information regarding this.

@Mark

I'm not being funny but reposting the firmware policy everytime someone asks about software updates isn't really that helpful.

Most of us in this post have already seen that on numerous occasions.

We just want useable phones thats all and as you can probably appreciate it is very frustrating.

Agree wholeheartedly with thedozyone.

Vodafone - you certainly know how to wind people up!

Cheers

I'm not sure that the Tech Team actually have anything useful to add to this ongoing, excruciating problem with a phone Vodafone simply don't care about any longer. Maybe best to keep off the thread to avoid further ridicule and concentrate on getting us a fix for the phone you were more than happy to sell us a year ago!

footyclarebear
Thank you this is great - phone currently with Vodafone technical department for a second opinion but at the moment are not honouring the warranty so this will give me more to work with. You are a star!!!

Any news ?