Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

Inked
4: Newbie
EU law protects us even if knox has been tripped, have a look on xda developers forum.

Also if anyone wants to check their knox status then there is this handy little app on the play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgo...

Inked
Have a quick read of this before vf edit my post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2484240

Inked

stephenvalente
Mine seemed ok when first updated, but frequently getting clogged up with rubbish by system and apps. Back to iPhone come upgrade time.

djs1970
My S5 for some reason is freezing occasionally or being rather sluggish and unresponsive. I have cleared the cache and that doesn't seem to work. I would like to point out I am STILL on Jellybean, so would this be a good time to install Lollipop or can someone help me?

richardbrown197
I have the same problem however my e-mail was fine until I did a factory reset. Since I did the reset this error started.

stephenvalente

My S5 is still running like a dog at times. Random slow downs, texts not seemingly not sending (but have sometimes gone without recording the fact!), and generally struggling to keep any reasonable percentage of memory clear without having to always delete apps. Facebook is one of the worst candidates.

Please offer me an even earlier upgrade to get the next iPhone!!

Rizsam
That's not acceptable. You should at least give projected time scales. Clearly the testing methods you adhere to are not thorough as the initial update should not have been released due to the significant amount of issues it contained. These issues have been rumbling on for a number of months now, I can't fathom why nothing is being done about this.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S5/S5-Update-problems/td-p/2367931

Its pretty bad that basic UAT was not done, have a read of another thread, link above re issues caused by the OS roll out.

Both Samsung and Voda need to take responsiblity.

Highly unlikely I'll be renewing my contract with Voda once it ends.

To put it politely your hiding behind the statement again! Waste of space! You actually call this customer service?