Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Calls dropping off on samsung galaxy s6

smithy134
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Samsung galaxy s6 I'd like to know does anyone else have a problem with phone calls just dropping off mid conversation?? im absolutely sick of it.

29 REPLIES 29

No, it happens everywhere (refer to question 1). At home, at work places, in the city, when my call was dropped to emergency services, I was by the airport, so literally everywhere

drey_p
16: Advanced member

You will need to provide some postcodes as without those, the eForum Team can't look into what is happening at the various transmitters.

You will need to provide the full postcodes so XX12 3YY

PWIAC

There are at least 10 different places that this has happened in, I'm not sure how I am meant to track them all.

drey_p

Provide the postcodes of the areas where the drop outs have happened that you know then.

PWIAC

M1 1PD

SK8 7GH

M90 1QX

SK1 2HD

W1T 4TQ

E16 1AB

drey_p

Hi there

If you head over to the Network Status Checker and enter those postcodes, you will see that there is maintenance work going on in the area.  In the case of the last 2 postcodes, there are known issues in the area.  You can register there to be notified when they are fixed.

I would imagine that would be the cause of your issues.

PWIAC

To be honest, this happens far too many times all over the place, and whilst it could be a mysterious coincidence that wherever I have been, there has been "maintenance work", I would find it too hard to believe. There was one occasion when I gave my home postcode over and the customer service advisor told me there was planned maintenance and that after the given date, it wouldn't continue anymore, yet since then it still happens at home too, so I do not hold out much hope for whatever work Vodafone are doing, other than annoying me. These issues only came about since receiving my upgraded handset and that is the case I am arguing with head office about.

@sputniknick - This sounds like a handset fault.

We can take a look at the phone for you.

See our repair process and try a new SIM card, you can pick one up from your local Vodafone store.

sputniknick
4: Newbie
The handset has been exchanged once already as I am on business and I've had the sim exchanged as well but the problem remains

miffed0202
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi, new here but I signed up so I could add to this post. I'm on o2 and have a Galaxy s6 edge. I have the same dropped call issue as some of you here. Signal strength is hopeless 99% of the time but the 4g signal remains strong and this is where the problem lies. I've done tons of research on this and I can tell you it's not your networks at fault, it's the phone. It's a problem that's happening all over the world on every network. Surprisingly the networks don't say anything and Samsung remains quiet about the major problem with their new flagship phone but I suspect they are working hard for a cure. When there is a fairly poor voice signal the phone should drop to 3g but it doesn't. I'm in a supposedly good signal area and the 4g signal is great but I'm lucky to get two bars up on the call signal, however, my cure until Samsung fix it is to set my phone to 3g. This gives me five bars of signal and H + data signal which is only slightly slower than
4g. o2 wanted me to provide them with post codes too but I'm a lorry driver and pretty much wherever I go the call signal is really poor, to the point I just don't want to make calls because it will drop a call nearly always. I love this phone but Samsung need a fix real soon.