Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Copy photos

Brian2412
4: Newbie
Hi
Just set up my s6 edge. Does anyone know how I can get my photos (over 4000) from google photos, onto my phone so they are stored within my phones album?
My album on my phone is currently empty and when I want to view my photos I have to do so through Google plus or photos.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

The easiest way will be on a Computer.

1. Open your Web Browser and go to https://plus.google.com/photos and sign into your Google account.
  2. Select the "All Photos" Tab
  3. Move your mouse pointer to the top left corner of one of the pictures.
  4. Click on the Tick to highlight the picture.
  5. Now scroll down the screen - Press and Hold the "Shift Key" and select another picture. All the pictures between the first selection and the last selection should now be highlighted.
  6. Click on the "More" Tab (above the pictures" and select Download.
  7. Repeat this process for all your Photos you want.
  8. Now you can connect the Phone to your PC and copy the Pictures to the Phone.

TSD

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
Hi,

Is DropBox and option.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

Google + is like Dropbox and is a cloud solution. You will be able to download the photos from Google + directly to the phone but whether you can do so en masse or have to do so individually I don't know.

You can certainly download batches of photos on a computer via your browser so you may be best off to download them and then copy them to your computer by either attaching the phone to the computer using the USB cable or using one of the apps that let's you connect your phone to a computer using Wi Fi.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Brian2412
Thanks for the replies. ..how do I go about downloading them. ..what's the procedure?

thesoupdragon

The easiest way will be on a Computer.

1. Open your Web Browser and go to https://plus.google.com/photos and sign into your Google account.
  2. Select the "All Photos" Tab
  3. Move your mouse pointer to the top left corner of one of the pictures.
  4. Click on the Tick to highlight the picture.
  5. Now scroll down the screen - Press and Hold the "Shift Key" and select another picture. All the pictures between the first selection and the last selection should now be highlighted.
  6. Click on the "More" Tab (above the pictures" and select Download.
  7. Repeat this process for all your Photos you want.
  8. Now you can connect the Phone to your PC and copy the Pictures to the Phone.

TSD

Brian2412
Soup...thank you. .I will give it a whirl later

Brian2412
OK so I've downloaded them all, where are they stored and how do I get them onto my phone once it's plugged in?... (good at this aren't I )

Hi @Brian2412

Access the photos app (not the gallery app), from the phones main menu.

When this is selected this allows you to sign in with the Google account that you’ve created and this will give you an option to sync the device with the Google account.

Cheers,

Laura

Brian2412
I've tried that, opened the photos app, signed in and can view my photos, but no option to sync them

thesoupdragon

@Brian2412

Hi Brian

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I assume your Photos have downloaded into your Downloads Folder?

They will be inside a compressed container called Photos.zip

You can right click on the Zip file and choose "Extract". This will create a normal folder with the photos inside. (Still in your Downloads folder).

1. Open the folder with your Photos in.
  2. Resize the window to the left hand side of your screen.
  3. Plug your Phone into the PC using the micro USB cable.
  4. A window should pop up asking you what you want to do?
  5. Select the option to "Open Folder"
  6. Resize that window to the right hand side of the screen
  7. In the right hand window: Browse to the Pictures or Photos folder on your Phone.
  8. Open that folder
  9. In the left hand window: Select ALL the Photos
  10. Right click on one of the Photos - a menu will pop up! choose "Copy"
  11. Now right click in the Right hand Window - a menu will pop up! choose "Paste"
  12. All the Photos will copy onto your Phone.
  13. Once finished you can close both windows.

It seems like a long complicated process but once you have done this a few times it will become a VERY quick way of transferring files from one place to another.

Hope that helps?

TSD