Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GALAXY S6 EDGE - lost camera setting

stambe_mig
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi
I got my S6 edge (G925F- 5.0.2 Lollypop) two weeks ago (Vodafone UK) . When I start it for the first time , phone start update automatically , all was fine but when I check camera I sow different setting ( all setting was auto) and self timer missing. I lost the other detailed camera setting . I took some picture and video ,all is fine , tracking face work ,but I decide to reset to factory condition , when I done it I sow all missing camera setting back! I stop software update , but after 10 min (maybe apps. Been updated) camera got same auto condition! Pictures and video are OK , but I lost detailed camera setting . Can you tell me what to do ,to live phone on this way or next Android update will fix it?

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi and Welcome to the forum

Software updates offer bug fixes and stability enhancements along with feature updates and changes.

Personally I always check out updates by searching via Google and looking at the information online again via a Google search that indicates what changes it brings.

You can speak to Samsung UK Support via http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html to put forward any enhancements you would find better for your user experience.

I'm sure as like most other firmware updates that updates and patches could be released as and when.

Maybe this guide may help regarding Camera Modes. http://gadgetguideonline.com/galaxys6/samsung-galaxy-s6-camera-modes-guide/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jamsterdm
10: Established
10: Established
I had this problem, factory reset was only way to fix I'm afraid

did thise help you? i done it and i got back camera setting , but only for 10 min, after that  i lost them again:smileyembarrassed:

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @stambe_mig

If a factory reset didn't get you the settings back permanently, have a check which other camera apps you have downloaded.

Some may affect the performance of the standard camera.

I'd try delete your other camera apps to see if this restores the default options.

Thanks,

Ben

I found one app. "MAGNIFIER" conected with Camera , but i cannot remove it...can you help..

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @stambe_mig

When you tried to delete the app, did you do this through the Application manager in your settings and selecting ‘Uninstall’?

If not, give this a try.

Otherwise, try going into the Play Store, select ‘My apps’, pick the app and then select ‘Uninstall’.

Thanks,

Jenny

I got screen shot from my setting menu and camera, you will see then they are completely diferent from the other pictures in internet for G925F Galaxy s6 edge ,I don't know mybe I got  bug phone from Vodafone?Screenshot_2015-05-30-21-42-27.png

Hi @stambe_mig

Have you tried backing up the data and then doing a factory reset on the device?

Cheers,

Laura

yes , i've done it, and camera got default setting  ,but after 10 min. something upgraded and camera lost originals setting , you can see camera setting now , all is in auto setting? when i press MODE is only two options : AUTO and PANORAMA , no any other options.this that you see on a picture that is the whole settings.In a upper right corner i have only flash setting on/off/auto  and that's it.

Screenshot.jpg