cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S6 Back button / Folder button working not working !

Jester-Joe
4: Newbie
Until last night both buttons working. Today it has worked a couple of times and then nothing, buttons do not light up when touched either! Had problem with mobile data toggle disappearing but fixed that. Have looked on.Google and this seems to be a problem but not info on fix. Can anyone help please
8 REPLIES 8

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, I would be tempted to try a factory reset first, if that doesn't work it may need to go for a repair.

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Is the phone on the latest firmware.

Try turning the phone Off and on to reset it.

If you do see repair I would approach Samsung via http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ as they'll know their hardware and software better than a 3rd party repair shop.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jester-Joe
This all went pear shaped yesterday following an update from samsung followed by a message from vodafone saying I had updated my software and a text would follow for text/data settings ! Nothing received from vodafone and have tried 3 times to get through to them holding 1 hour + each time. Phone feels like it has rolled back to earlier software and back / folder button working occassionally ! Please can someone from vodafone contact me !

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Jester-Joe wrote:
This all went pear shaped yesterday following an update from samsung 

Have you done a factory reset?  After doing an update, especially if there are issues, it is always best to perform a factory reset on the device. 

Once you have done that, don't install any apps and see how the phone behaves.

Do remember that a factory reset will wipe all your data, so please make sure you back up the device prior to doing that. 

PWIAC

Jester-Joe
Okay vodafone what is going on !!! Last buttons stopped working had had an update from Vodafone! Couple of weeks later phone buttons started working again. Today and update from Vodafone and guess what !!!! Back button and folders button had stopped working again !!! Really not amused! ! Also someone has mentioned knowing someone else with same phone that also develops same fault when atmosphere damp / humid! ! Please help

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jester-Joe

As previously mentioned, we'd also suggest performing a factory reset on your phone. 

Please remember to back up any stuff that you don't want to lose. 

If this doesn't fix the issue you'll need to send the phone off for repair

Experiencing the same problem after downloading the new update. I've Master Reset, but no luck.

hrym

When you say "Master Reset", I assume you mean a factory reset so that you have to set the phone up again, sign into Google, that kind of thing?