Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S6 Cannot send Name Card (VCard) by SMS

pjb244
3: Seeker

My S6 will not send a contact name card by SMS.  If I attempt it the phone tries to send it but the text is "cancelled".  I can send contact info by MMS but do not want to because of fees and addressee's not being able to receive MMS.  I have spoken three times to the Vodafone helpdesk without success, on the third attempt the operator tried to carry out the same task on her own phone with the same result, consequently she then passed me on to the Samsung helpdesk which was utterly useless, the operator there must have been on her first day and I became frustrated and bored with the tediousness of the conversation and waiting for her to read through a flow chart only to advise that I should do a factory reset.

I can send a vcard via SMS if I use a third party app but I really should be able to use the stock option.

Anybody got any ideas?.

18 REPLIES 18

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Appreciate what your saying. 

I personally stopped a while ago sending business cards via the Networks Sms / messaging App this way as it was automatically converting them to mms. 

This sounds like it's still doing this. 

I would certainly recommend contacting Samsung yourself via http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html as you may get a more experienced agent. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

pjb244
The name card is automatically sent as MMS when adding contact as attachment to SMS (paper clip).

If you attempt to send name card from "contacts" and select the message option it attempts to send but is then cancelled.

Thanks for the link to Samsung I might try them but speaking with other Android users, some with different and different networks and they can send ok. I am thinking this is a Vodafone issue.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

As a work around, you can also send contacts via Whatsapp, so if the recipient is using it, you'll be able to send them a vCard.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

@pjb244 wrote:
The name card is automatically sent as MMS when adding contact as attachment to SMS (paper clip).

If you attempt to send name card from "contacts" and select the message option it attempts to send but is then cancelled.

Thanks for the link to Samsung I might try them but speaking with other Android users, some with different and different networks and they can send ok. I am thinking this is a Vodafone issue.

You're welcome. 

If if you do initiate contact would you let us know what they say. 

Current Phone  >

pjb244
I don't use whatsapp or any other social stuff. If I can send by text as the stock app suggests at least everybody will receive it.

drey_p

I've been trying on my S6 and no matter how it do it, it converts the message to an MMS and won't allow it to send as an SMS. 

PWIAC

This thread has been marked as solved, but not by me so not sure how that works, anyhow the problem has not been solved yet.

BandOfBrothers

@pjb244 wrote:

This thread has been marked as solved, but not by me so not sure how that works, anyhow the problem has not been solved yet.

Sometimes a moderator or Vodafone Tech Employee will choose the best solution wise answer.

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn
Whatsapp is not social stuff. It's a messaging system that uses data and is cross platform. It's has a variety of features and now is one of the lost useful apps I have.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png