Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Looking to upgrade to an S6

backslash2k4
4: Newbie

Hello again all,

Coming to the point of an early upgrade and since the last two times the eForum team has been insanely helpful in doing it. I've upgraded from a Nokia 5800, to an S2, and finally to what I have now, an S4 via the eForum so hopefully this will be as painless and easy as the last few times.

I can't entirely remember how it went, but since I'm looking to upgrade to an S6 by the end of the month I was hoping posting a message here would be the easiest way to go about it.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

This is now a customer to customer support forum. Which means that if you're wanting to upgrade, you need to do so via your online account, by calling 191 or by popping into a Vodafone store. I personally prefer the last option as your can get the phone on the spot and start playing with it,

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

I'd go with going to the HighStreet store unless online is giving you a better deal than what the HighStreet store can offer.

No waiting in for delivery or handset delays.

Also as your moving to the s6 you'll need a nano sim which the HighStreet store can sort out for you.

If you stick with online then you'll need to do a simswap when you receive the new phone and nano SIM card which moves your number and tariff to the new sim.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ah ##~##! I went into the store and they were charging £10 a month more than EE, they suggested calling 191 to see if I could get the same deal.

Guess I'll go with that option now then, sad to hear the eForum team is no more, they were fantastic.

Vodafone still oversee the forum.

Tech Teams help with signal issues and sure signal box questions etc with moderators keeping the forum running.

Account Specific Enquiries are now only dealt with customer service.

I've heard of the Retentions Delartment sweetening deals but not really matching or bettering other network deals.

Good luck.

Current Phone  >

tynewearfutsal
4: Newbie

definately go in store especially if u are getting S6 as sim will need to be changed too and they will do this straight away in store for u, they can also help with setup and possibly transfer of data IE contacts from old one to new one for u. The other advantage is that u can have a look and play around with handsets before committing to upgrade and be sure the phone is the one you want and most important meets expectations, if u do it online and change mind once upgrade arrives then u have to send it back and wait before changing it, If it is done in store then u can return to any store to change within 14 days.

As I said earlier, when I went in-store they said the best bet was to call the upgrades team and state how long you've been a customer (8 years here), so you get on the loyalty program. They can't do it in store (as per the manager I spoke to).

I went to Carphone Warehouse and had a look at the handsets, supposedly EE is the cheapest to go with. Bloke there said he'd even wave the £70 upfront cost but said I'd have to see what Vodafone offered.

Rang up yesterday (42 minutes total on hold), got chucked around a lot, websote told me my upgrade day was coming up in a week, guy on the end of the phone said it was in a couple of months. Wouldn't budge on the issue at all.

Sort of left a bitter taste in my mouth, but I can wait another month to call up and see what they can do, but if it's anything more than the £35.99 a month EE were offering for the handset free of charge, then I'm not sure I'll be taking it.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys :).

You're Welcome.

I don't blame you waiting to be honest.

The ball is in your court and I hope the network can offer you something to retain you as a customer especially after being a customer for so long.

Nice choice of phone by the way.

Enjoy the journey.

Current Phone  >

drey_p
Depending on what sort of cash you have available, it may be worth you looking at buying the phone outright and then moving over to a SIM Only deal - it does sometimes work out cheaper if you do that.

PWIAC

if u get phone as part of deal it will be at least £44 month over 24 months = £1056 (cheapest deal)

if u buy handset out right for £550 (approx) plus sim only deal at £15 a month will work out at £850 - £900 in total so saves u a bit too