Marshmallow nearly here

steveo67
12: Established
14 REPLIES 14

steve5565
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

any dates on the marshmallow update for s 6?

Apparently it's being rolled out globally by Samsung so I guess it will be any day

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/02/15/samsung-releases-android-6-0-marshmallow-for-the-galaxy-s6-and-t...

Don't hold your breath. From what I've read elsewhere, the update is carrier dependent. 😞

Does anyone know for definite whther this is the case or not?

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Vodafone won't comment on firmware release dates, its a matter of wait and see, keep an eye in your phone and on here.

hrym

When you've got the Marshmallow update, the first thing is to configure Google Now on Tap.   This is a long press one the home key rather than an upwards swipe (though I think it may always have been due to Samsung's hardware home key).   If you don't want GNOT, you can opt out and the old Google app format will appear.   However, check your location history and Google Photos sync settings if you've gone down that route.   Refusing GNOT turned those off (I have web and app history off anyway).

steveo67
Yes its carrier dependant ... but you have to remember these guys work closely together. Vodafone want to sell the latest phones and Samsung want Vodafone to sell their phones.

Personal I think it will come next week after the Galaxy S2 launch event tomorrow.

steveo67
Of course I mentioned S7 launch

Just downloaded and its updating now!