Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Message preview on Samsung Galaxy s6 edge

Tracey4kew
1: Seeker

Hi I have just moved from having iPhones to the Samsung s6 edge. I have been into the Vodafone store and the Samsung store to try and get my message preview to stop appear at the top of my screen.  I have tried everything in all the settings and neither Vodafone or Samsung could figure it out.  The only way I can stop the preview in display when it isn' t locked is by blocking the applications which I don't want to do because then I can't have any sounds, your help would be appreciated. Samsung said it could have something to do with the operating system, but I feel this is normally a given command that you should be able to have on a phone.  A friend of mine has the same phone on EE but has an extra notification option in his messages which I haven' t got, it's so frustrating. Photo attached thanks Tracey

3 REPLIES 3

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, you could try a factory reset but that will mean you need to set your phone up again.

Another workaround could be using another messaging app such as hangouts, set that as the default one and see if that helps?

Tracey4kew
1: Seeker
Thanks I tried factory reset on Friday it didn't work, I was going to try hangouts but it is on my whatsapp too, I can't believe I cant disable such a simple thing.

63johnw
Hi, been trying find it for you but it appears you can't !

It can only be done by downloading a third party messaging app from the play store that has that feature.

There's an article here.

http://phandroid.com/2015/05/11/samsung-galaxy-s6-stop-text-messages-from-displaying-preview-in-noti...