Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Message+

phmilesc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Message+ keeps asking me to "Tap to complete Chat set" evey time I close Message+. Which is then followed with a request to "Verify your phone number". Which I've done. Countless times. Its supposed to send you a "one time" SMS message. I'm still waiting for that. I've tried an uninstall & reinstall to no avail. Any help would be appreciated before I bin it. TIA.

3 REPLIES 3

vicr76
5: Helper

Hi @phmilesc

I have the same problem and I just egnored the request and its gone after a day or 2.

The only problem is I can't activate chat. It just says on the top of the Message+ inbox that Chat is not activated, click here to activate and when I click a box appears saying "To be able to use Message+ to chat you need to disable or uninstall IMS service" and when I click Enable it tales me to phone setting but wont day where to disable or uninstall...

But the SMS works fine.

Regards

Vicky R

Hi Thanks for the reply. The install states Rich Communication duplication. your messaging app includes new features that in ... blah blah. To use these features the previously installed RCS needs to be deactivated.

So RCS is disabled. And Its OS is Lollipop 5.0.2.

Discovered that the issue only occurs when wifi is also enabled and connected.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @phmilesc

Welcome to the eForum.

Please ensure you are using the latest version of Android.

Once you've done this, make sure you've got the most up to date version of the App and this should resolve the issue.

@vicr76

You'll need to go into the settings in your phone and enable chat services, or rich communication services.

For more information, please look at the FAQs section of the Message+ page of our website.

Thanks,

ChazzD