Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving from BB to S6

wynmorgan
7: Helper

I went into an EEshop in a small town today and wooohooo thye hd a BB Classic in store.  It really doesnt feel any differnet tote Q10 but of course has the track pad back .  I also looked at the S6.  Clearly quite an item but no keyboard of course.  And also the SD micro card has gone.  It's an iPhone lol. 

So the dilemma.  Stick with BB that hasnt moved on at all in2 years.  Just caught up with the Bold.  But be able to copy all data easily to the new phone.  Or move to a virtual keyboard and thehow do I transfer data to the new phone?  I cant use the memorre card on the S6.  BB doesnt allow any transfer data apps. 

Has any one transferred from BB to Android?

25 REPLIES 25

not really sure if this is even needed, as not sure what you decided to go with but as i said i would let you know how i got on with the transfer i am back to do that.

it was actually really easy, the only  thing that didnt move was pictures and music, possibly because i had them stored to the memory card and not the phone memory?

anyway, just hooked up bb to pc and, opened blackberry desktop selected what i wanted to back up. then used smart switch - which i found a link to on the vodafone site, plugged in s6 edge hooked that up it found my bb and hit transfer or something similar and all contacts and text messages, calander alarms etc moved across.

Thank you. The pictures are a deal breaker. Also on my sd card. Oh dear.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@wynmorgan wrote:
Thank you. The pictures are a deal breaker. Also on mysd card. Oh dear.

If the only place you are storing photos is on the phone itself you're asking for trouble.

All important data should be backed up either to a computer or cloud storage. If they are in either of those places they'll be dead easy to get onto another phone or any variety.

With Android, photos can be automatically backed up to Google. On an iPhone iCloud is the backup solution. On both devices you can back up automatically to a Microsoft OneDrive account.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I have a card reader. I understand that i can load onto pc and the download to new phone?

i dont really have that many photos on my phone so for me it wasnt a big deal but the few i did want, i just sent to the s6 by bluetooth.. obviously if i have 200+ i wouldnt want to sit doing that but for a few, it solved my problem, so there is always that option. depending on how many photos you have

wynmorgan

I went into an EEshop in a small town today and wooohooo thye hd a BB Classic in store.  It really doesnt feel any differnet tote Q10 but of course has the track pad back .  I also looked at the S6.  Clearly quite an item but no keyboard of course.  And also the SD micro card has gone.  It's an iPhone lol. 

So the dilemma.  Stick with BB that hasnt moved on at all in2 years.  Just caught up with the Bold.  But be able to copy all data easily to the new phone.  Or move to a virtual keyboard and thehow do I transfer data to the new phone?  I cant use the memorre card on the S6.  BB doesnt allow any transfer data apps. 

Has any one transferred from BB to Android?