Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not Registered on network (S6)

Stephen_1983
2: Seeker

Hi, not sure if this is thg right place but I got my S6 delivered on Friday and it said it wasn't registered on the network so I spoke to live chat who said upto 24 hours, since then I've spoke to someone everyday and they still say 24 hours, or just tell me to wait, but I still can't use the phone as the sim isn't activated. 

What is my next step to getting it sorted before I send the phone back and go to a different network? If I'm paying for a phone I like it to be working!!!

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @cfbrodie and @b33j4y

I've sent you both a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into this further.

Thanks,

Sarah

And yet again you show ur scant regard at not listening to customers, for about the 100th time NO NO NO as it gets me nowhere. I HATE VODAFONE WITH A PASSION.

Hi @Sarah - First off, I have no private message from you.

The main point however is that contacting you to look into it further hasn't been fruitful so far, what will be different this time? How does going round in circles resolve anything? This is precisely what is doing my head and that of others in...we get told same thing all the time. Contact you, get live help, send email, call the customer support team etc...they all end in "wait 24-48hrs and it'll be resolved" but if that had been true on any of the previous occasions, we won't be here right now, would we?

The whole thing is truly laughable because on the surface, vodafone appear as a communications giant that have great customer support and systems in place but, it's all quickly turning out to be nothing but smoking mirrors. I can only imagine how many customers you've lost because of this vastly ineffective responses you give people for something that is clearly a KNOWN issue. Each time, you act like it's an isolated brand new issue that you need to look into further. Can you give a way to contact the team working on the issue directly or you go contact them and get a specific resolution? I'm happy to give you my account number in a private message so you can chase it up like you should but I absolutely will NOT contact live help, call anyone or send any email for you to respond to within 24-48hrs AGAIN.

You can either do your job and resolve the issue, chase it up and provide timely feedback on the resolution or simply go tell your team and management that you're all FAILING at your basic responsibilities. That's about as calmly and clearly as I can attempt to get the message across. If you still don't get the point after that, then I'll have to conclude that you're all nothing but a bunch of robots here for no other reason but to waste people's times with delay tactics.

I have literally two days before I give up and call up to cancel my order, at which point, this thread along with all the evidence I've gathered on this issue so far gets posted on every possible social media forum, page, blog etc that I can get my hands on as I believe people really need to be warned. No other innocent user should have to experience this. That's not a threat, it's simply the truth.

Extremely Unhappy Customer (To put it mildly)

I have been going through exactly the same issues. I have sat on the live chat several times to no avail, and on one particular occassion for 2 and a half hours. I have been promised 4 times now as I'm waiting in yet again on a phone to be replaced which just hasn't turned up and have lost now £240 in wages for my time off. I have called them at least 20 odd times and lied to at every possible turn, I've had every excuse in the book from your orders still open and needs to be closed (well bloody close it then and send my phone), I've been told someone ordered a brand new contract instead of a replacement so the order had to be cancelled and re-done, I've been promised now on 6 different occassions now in 2 weeks that a manager will call me back within 24-48 hours but no-one has ever bothered. On 1 occassion I rang them and said I demand a manager and apparantly got put through to one who promised to resolve my issue, and even said later on that day she'd call me back within the hour but nothing! I have filled out 2/3 online forms waiting on call backs but nothing, I've been told they are out of stock despite my doing some digging to find that they have plenty of stock, only phone they don't have is the Samsung Galaxy edge which is 1-2 weeks and the 125mb model which has a wait of 4-6 weeks, but my S6 is in stock, their own staff don't seem to even know that information and i don't even work for them. I have been told also that they are switching computer systems and some are on the old one and some on the new one. So I'm now wondering what the next excuse will be, probably due to the royal baby being born ther's a delay on the phones coming from Samsung. Oh and FYI, i don't think any of these tech team members have any clout whatsoever, everytime \I write on here stop sending me links to this n that they send yet another message telling you to do exactly that. I really don't know what these people are even for, it's probably just some random person sat in their homes feilding complaints on Vodafone for the minimum wage as not one has a braincell between them. Good luck with your mission.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @cfbrodie

I've replied to your other posts here. 

Hello @b33j4y thanks for getting back to us. 

I've resent you a private message

Thanks, 

Amanda 

heiser1st

im having the same problems and that started from day 1. im so FED UP with having to phone up and trying to get anywere with vodafone. I couldnt use my phone for 8 days 2hrs and 15mins to start with. then it came online for 12 days then went off again. now been off for 6 days and still cant do sim swop. we pay all this money for stuff we cant use. i helped a friend do a sim swop on O2 and that went though in seconds not weeks. sick off talking to them and the live chat is even worse

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @heiser1st

I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’re having.

I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into this further.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Jenny