Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S6 Edge Cracked Glass

pullinshah
4: Newbie

Hi,

My S6 Edge is about 1 month old.  It's been in a Samsung Clear View case since day 1 and after just 4 weeks I've got a crack from the home button all the way up to nearly the top edge of the device.

But I do not know how this happened.  It has NOT been dropped or suffered any impact whatsoever.  I am maticulous with how I handle this device so it makes no sense that this has happened.  (I know everyone says that, but it really has not had any knocks at all).

In order for this type of crack to occur, I would have to be aware of it happening.  But the other evening, I pulled the device out of my pocket and as the light cought the screen in a particular way, I noticed the crack.  The phone still operates and functions correctly but I can feel the crack at certain points on the screen during usage.

Could this be a manufacturing defect or bad batch?

Would appreciate support from Vodafone on this as device is only a month old.

Regards,

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

You could approach Samsung via Samsung UK Support and ask for assistance. 

Do you have any cover via ;

• Vodafone Mobile Insurance. 
  • Stand Alone Mobile Insurance. 
  • House Contents Cover. 
  • A Bank Account that offers mobile cover as a benefit. 

T&C and Excess Fee's would apply. 

Use Google to search to see if you get any hits back from owners with similar occupancies. 

Has anyone had access to your phone. Family,friends or Colleagues - accidents happen. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

No phone insurance as such, only what would be covered under home contents cover.

And no one else has access to the phone.  Kids know to stay well away (I don't leave it anywhere where they could 'accidentally' pick it up anyway).

My wife said she hasn't touched it.

Thing is, for this type of damage to occur via impact, I'd have to be aware of it as it seems significant.

Would like to hear Vodafone's viewpoint directly though.  Do they still post on here?

BandOfBrothers

You would need to speak to Customer service on 191 but as already touched upon this would be highly unlikely to be resolved without a repair cost via Vodafone. 

By all means ask. 

I think you'll need to invoke any insurance cover via Home Contents. 

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

@pullinshah wrote:

Would like to hear Vodafone's viewpoint directly though.  Do they still post on here?

No one from Vodafone will comment on here I'm afraid.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Disappointing.

OK thanks for the suggestions.

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. 

I wish you well. 

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

You won't get any good news from Vodafone this whatsoever. By definition a cracked screen is not a warranty issue and you won't be able to demonstrate that it was a manufacturing defect. Under the warranty arrangements the network has with the manufacturer they cannot repair a device that has non warranty damage.

Do not go to Vodafone - go directly to Samsung. They have much more discretion and you might get more joy with them. You can find your nearest repair centre here:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Wrighty_lfc
4: Newbie
I to have this problem but i believe mine happend when charging due to heat right across the screen i have rang samsung they are willing to send out a postage bag for me to send the phone back for them 2 investigate but i have gone through 2 genuine charges also die to this not happy as i never had any of these problems with an iphone.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Wrighty_lfc wrote:
... i have rang samsung they are willing to send out a postage bag for me to send the phone back for them 2 investigate ..

You may also wish to contact your local Samsung Repair Centre and have them look over the phone - it is usually quicker than using the postal return service.

PWIAC