Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S6 Edge Cracked Glass

pullinshah
4: Newbie

Hi,

My S6 Edge is about 1 month old.  It's been in a Samsung Clear View case since day 1 and after just 4 weeks I've got a crack from the home button all the way up to nearly the top edge of the device.

But I do not know how this happened.  It has NOT been dropped or suffered any impact whatsoever.  I am maticulous with how I handle this device so it makes no sense that this has happened.  (I know everyone says that, but it really has not had any knocks at all).

In order for this type of crack to occur, I would have to be aware of it happening.  But the other evening, I pulled the device out of my pocket and as the light cought the screen in a particular way, I noticed the crack.  The phone still operates and functions correctly but I can feel the crack at certain points on the screen during usage.

Could this be a manufacturing defect or bad batch?

Would appreciate support from Vodafone on this as device is only a month old.

Regards,

16 REPLIES 16

Have they told you what they will do to 'investigate' ??

My concern is that they will conclude the damage in not caused by charging the battery, and will subsequently bill you for their findings.

When I conntacted Samsung about mine, they replied to say it must have had impact and therefore not covered by warranty.  They also said the would fix it (or my local Samsung dealer would fix it) but it would be at cost to me.

Has anyone had any succuess with this?

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@pullinshah wrote:

Has anyone had any succuess with this?

I'd imagine not as a cracked screen isn't a warranty item - physical damage is always excluded from any warranty.

PWIAC

But my concern is that, in Writghly_lfc's case, Samsung will simply say, "Damage is casued by impact and not due to charging the phone.  If you want your phone back (unrepaired) you'll have to pay for return postage etc."

woke up to my s6 edge screen cracked from corner to corner not 3 weeks old yet well disapointed with it vodaphone support waste of time . has to be a problem with this model mine never hardly gets used charged 3 times and spends most of the day on the side or in car

drey_p

@trev1968 wrote:

woke up to my s6 edge screen cracked from corner to corner not 3 weeks old yet well disapointed with it vodaphone support waste of time . has to be a problem with this model mine never hardly gets used charged 3 times and spends most of the day on the side or in car

The problem you have, as we've said previously in this thread, is that you have to prove that the cracking wasn't caused by physical damage to the device which is very difficult to do 

Physical damage isn't covered by warranty which is why you are struggling to Vodafone to do anything about it. 

As for a problem with this particular model, I don't think so as there would be loads of thread about it if there was. 

PWIAC

Wrighty_lfc
4: Newbie
I have done that already got fobbed off in store saying i will need to send it of to have a samsung technition look at the phone.

drey_p

@Wrighty_lfc wrote:
I have done that already got fobbed off in store saying i will need to send it of to have a samsung technition look at the phone.

Doing that could still be quicker than using the postal return.

PWIAC