Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Currently For Decorative Purposes Only

X11XDD
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Good evening from Malaysia.

(Which will probably make my problem even more of an issue to resolve)

My otherwise excellent Samsung Galaxy S6 (Vodafone UK Contract) switched itself off overnight (had 93% charge when I set my alarm on it) and no matter what sequence of buttons I press / hold / release based on the various websites I've sought guidance from, it will not switch on.

Plugged In, Plugged Out, USB'd In, etc. etc. etc.

This happened about 2 weeks ago, but the Volume Up & Power Keys did the trick on that occasion.

This time however, nothing.

And now why Malaysia may be an issue…

I'm out here in pretty much the middle of nowhere for about 6 weeks.

Help desperately needed and appreciated.

Just don't ask "Have you tried holding X, Y & Z for 20 seconds ?" as we may fall out sharpish...

Thanks in advance.

X11XDD.

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

It dies sound faulty to me . You may be able to find a Samsung repair centre close to where you are and have them look over the device, but I can't say for certain if they will honour the warranty of a European supplied phone.

If not. You will need to wait until you come back to the UK and send it off for repair with Vodayor drop it off with a Samsung repair centre.

PWIAC

Hi drey_p.

Kind of thought things were heading that way.

Bit limited with regards to a Samsung repairer where I'm based, especially an approved one.

I mean, they're knocking out brand new "iPhones" for less than £100 !!

Here for some time as I say, so might see if one of the larger towns has a Samsung stockist that I can be a bit more confident in.

Many thanks.

drey_p

I know how frustrating it is not to have a phone whilst abroad as I've had problems with a phone abroad to.  How do they time it to give up the ghost whilst you're away?

I hear you on wanting to find an approved dealer - that was the dilemma that I had.  I eventually decided I would wait and take the phone to an approved repair centre once I got back to the UK as I didn't want to risk further damage to my device. 

I don't know if it is an option for you, but if you needed to stay in touch, you could always buy a cheap handset to tide you over.

PWIAC

Yep, will look at getting a local sim and handset.

Thankfully all contacts through Google, so not problems recovering those.

Cheers.

drey_p

That is great news - at least you won't lose those.  

PWIAC