Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Software update

Scuba50
3: Seeker
I upgraded to Samsung galaxy s6, on receiving this I had a firmware update to 5.1.1. The latest version of lollipop. This phone has since been changed due it being faulty and received a new handset today, it runs an earlier version 5.0.2. It states that this is the latest firmware. Which it isn't the case. Could there possibly be a long delay in getting this or anything else?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@Scuba50 wrote:
Yeah thanks. Just because the handset is also a galaxy s6 but won't update to the software that my other galaxy s 6 was running

Over The Air updates are rolled out to batches of IMEI numbers at a time.  This prevents the overloading of the update servers.  You can often download the firmware update sooner by installing SmartSwitch PC on your computer and connecting the handset using the cable.  It will usually pick up straight away.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

You may need to keep checking the software update settings in your phone.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-products-services/Firmware/m-p/831995

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Scuba50
Yeah thanks. Just because the handset is also a galaxy s6 but won't update to the software that my other galaxy s 6 was running

BandOfBrothers
You're Welcome.

Hopefully any new update will be pushed to the handset soon.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p

@Scuba50 wrote:

Over The Air updates are rolled out to batches of IMEI numbers at a time.  This prevents the overloading of the update servers.  You can often download the firmware update sooner by installing SmartSwitch PC on your computer and connecting the handset using the cable.  It will usually pick up straight away.

PWIAC

holty2015
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Any ideas when the 5.1 update will be rolled out? Also if it will fix the unauthorized actions notification. thanks

not sure if this is the right place to post this. Any ideas when the 5.1 update will be rolled out? Also if it will fix the unauthorized actions notification. thanks

@holty2015

All of our firmware release dates are subject to testing and therefore we're unable to give out exact dates.

You can see more information on firmware here - http://vdfn.co/firm

Samsung’s Kies PC Sync software can also be used to check for the latest firmware updates.

Lightfunkyone

I received the new update last night, G920FXXU2POGPJ, I would highly recommend backing up your device before installing as mine went into a Samsung logo boot loop and the only way to use the phone again was to do a full factory wipe! 

Here are some tips if you don't know how to recover your handset from boot loop :smileywink:

http://thedroidguy.com/2015/06/how-to-get-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-out-of-boot-loop-107653