Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S6 edge not able to text iPhone

alison18
3: Seeker
Upgraded from Sony phone to Galaxy S6 edge and unable to send texts to iPhones, the screen freezes. I thought it was all texts not working but it's only texts to iPhones. Any one else had this problem?
12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @alison18

No I've not encountered that type of issue. 

Is this definitely to all iPhones or a specific contact? I'm thinking if a specific the contact may have been added to a call / text blocking feature in the phone. Or the iPhone owner has added you although it wouldn't freeze your sms sending screen. 

As a further test ask the iPhone owner to turn off iMessage via its settings. 

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

alison18
Hi, it's only one iPhone user, all others are ok. That iPhone user has turned off iMessage and back on and still happening.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

If it's one contact then try deleting it and re enter. 

Perhaps usibg the +44 method of inputting the number. 

Ask them to check the blocking facility in their iPhone via information in  https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201229

And you check your phone blocking feature too. 

Current Phone  >

alison18
Thanks again, tried all that now and still freezing, might have to do a factory reset. Really weird it's just this one iPhone number.

BandOfBrothers

If you are considering a factory reset be sure to create a back up to preserve the data in your phones storage memory. 

Another option would be to try your sim in another phone and if you think it'll help any Vodafone shop can sim swap for you to replace the SIM card. 

It may also be an idea to speak with Customer service just to ensure nothing is amiss on your account. 

Samsung Uk Support Here maybe able to help further too. 

Current Phone  >

alison18
Thanks very much

hrym

This is an odd one, as your phone won't know anything about the device you're sending to - it'll just fling the message out into the ether like any other.   Can I ask what app you're using for texting?   Is it the stock one (if that still exists), or Message+?  This latter behaves more like data-based ones such as Whatsapp and will try to detect whether the receiving phone is using the same app.  It's possible there's some kind of incompatibility there, but I can't really see what it would be.  If it related to iMessage, I can't help thinking this would be a lot more widespread.

alison18
It is really odd as the Samsung will text all other contacts apart from one number, which is the number I text to the most. I'm just using the normal message app on the phone. I phoned customer services and they reckon it's a virus on the software update on my previous Sony Z1 that was transferred to the new Samsung. It's an odd one as the number can phone me, I can phone the number and whatsapp but just not text.

hrym

Really?   Unless they have some other information we don't know about, I'd say that's the least likely of all th epossibilities.   It might be worth talking to Samsung about this.  However, if you're using the basic messaging app, I can't see how this can be related to your phone - the app will just, as I said, fling the message out into the ether and forget about it.

Googling this ("unable to text one contact") produces a result from the O2 forum that suggests that this person has, probably inadvertently, added you to their blocked list.