Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

So, Samsung are set to slash their GS6 pricing

mcarlin
4: Newbie

How is this likely to affect contract prices? And would Vodafone acknowledge the imminent price cut if I called up?

I was gonna upgrade today (early upgrade), but either by sheer coincidence or simply fate there was not a single Vodafone store open (that I was willing to travel to) in London today, and I was too exhausted to travel to one outside of London after heading back home.

If Vodafone's contract pricing isn't likely to shift much, I'll just go out tomorrow and be done with it, especially if I can weasel a discount. If price cuts to buying outright historically also influence contract prices, then I'll wait.

4 REPLIES 4

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, Vodafone won't comment on a future price drop, if you keep an eye on the S6 page that will reflect any price drop should one occur, prices do drop once a phone had been out a while.

jeffkinn

Stories of price cuts to the S6 range following poor results at Samsung are just rumours. There is no evidence at the moment that it's true and even if it does come to pass no evidence that they'll cut the Uk prices.

Furthermore, any price cuts would impact future stocking orders and not current stock levels that would have been bought at pre drop levels.

The end result - no networks are likely to be able to drop their prices any time soon if at all.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thanks both.

I second that thought. This is because network providers would have purchased a large quantity of stock from the manufacturer... It is not really good for business if they reduce the up front price or the monthly payment for the s6 or the s6 Edge.

There are a few people who are willing to sell their brand new 128GB Samsung Galaxy S6 for £500... It is a far cry of £700 when it was first launched.