cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade coming soon: Is the Edge worth the extra bit?

Flippings_
3: Seeker

Hi there everyone.
I'm here to ask about the Galaxy S6 and the Edge.
I've been looking into both phones and I'm still not 100% on my choice. The S6 Edge looks like a beautiful phone with a few nifty little tricks up it's sleeve, but I feel the best kind of advice I can get is from somebody with experience with the actual Edge itself. Is it a worthwhile upgrade over the S6, or should I just save the few extra quid on my monthly cost and stick with the S6?
Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Flippings_

I've used both the s6 and s6 edge and like them both. 

I think its really down to personal taste and if your unsure then perhaps have more hands in time with both , perhaps working demo models in the shops. 

Have you thought about the + model. 

Heres another spanner in the works for you !

What about the upcoming Samsung Galaxy s7 !

I'd say take as much time as you need so you do not get buyers remorse. 

Enjoy the journey. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

maltyhotline
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there. I have recently swapped my Apple 6 plus for the Edge Plus and have loved every minute of it.

Whilst the tapered screen is not essential to me it adds to the aesthetics of a beautiful Phone. The larger screen to me was one of my top requirements and the Plus delivers and the specifiction beats anything of similar size.

I use the tapered screen to access frequently used apps and the ight stand mode (Which is great). The missed calls colours that can flash along the side if you place your screen down are handy, but I don't use that so much.

The only downside I have is the phone is slippery to hold without a cover on. Especially as it's larger. But it's a minor niggle and a case rectifies that.

As mentioned on here, do you wait for the S7. In my view maybe. Ok you will pay a premium price, but if the rumours are correct, a larger battery, Micro SD slot, always on screen more RAM etc are worthy upgrades as opposed from Apples 6 to 6s (I really liked Apple now I realise I was a sheep!)

However should you choose this, you won't be dissapointed!

Hop that helps

nm75
I've just upgraded to the edge plus 3 days in now. And I love it. Can't fault it. The only downside is the edge. Although useful for checking news and the likes. I don't fancy placing it screen down for people edge I'm paranoid about screen damage. Also edge is pretty useless with a flip case on even if it's a Samsung original, unless I'm missing something.
But other than that excellent kit