Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Video Calling from S6 Edge???

vicr76
5: Helper

Hi

Can anybody please confirm wether you got otion to make video calls from S6 Edge.

Thanks in advance.

Vicky R

72 REPLIES 72

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @vicr76

We’ve got your email reply from yesterday – we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi,

Was just wondering whether this has been resolved as I am having the same problem. 

I have spoken to Vodafone about it and they have passed me to Samsung. After speaking with Samsung, they said it is a vodafone thing. So not sure what to do with it. 

Many thanks,

eMDee

Hi

Last week I got a NEW (Replacement) phone due to video calling issue but I problem is still not resolved. I spoke to various departments in Vada regarding this issue and one of the Tech staff confirmed after looking into her  S6 Edge that she got 3 options (Icons) in her phobe - Messaging, Calling and Video call but I only got 2 options to Call and Message.

It took a long time to convince few of the Tech team that it doesn't matter whether Voda support Video calling or not but this icon should be there so at the end they agreed to do 1 more replacement once my first handest gets to their warehouse which is by today or tomorrow.

I also spoke to Samsung twice to confirm that its definately Voda who can enable or disable this option when they download their on software in phone.

Lets see what happens when I get next replacement phone, they also agreed that if I still won't get this option on next phone I can cancle my contract.

Regards

Vicky R

Thanks, I shall do the same. Do you mind keeping post here what happens with your phone too? And I shall do the same.

eMDee

Hi @Wayne

I haven't got any replyy yet. Can tou please resend theemail you mentioned in your last reply.....

Regards

Vicky R

damongoodman
2: Seeker
@Wayne Like the original poster there is no option for video calling .

damongoodman
No I haven't had a solution yet . Got told to go in store to get it sorted and they told me in store its a samsung issue . And samsung told me it's a vodafone issue and they have had a lot of people contact them about this all from vodafone and not other providers like EE . So must be an issue with vodafone but they are not willing to admit it .

redlan

Hello can you tell me if you have had this issue fixxed as i have just realised 3 days after reciveing my s6 edge i also dont have video calls i have contacted voda and they are sending me a new phone out tomorrow to exchange. but is this really going to help the issue

Hi

I had 3 exchanges until yesterday but with the same issue and the 4th is coming tomorrow  with but I'm sure that will be the as before.

Will talk to them tomorrow after recieving new one and may be cancel my contract if not resolved which I don't really want to as I have no complaint with Voda as Network provider, other services or with customer care but this issue needed to be sorted out to continue my contract.

All of the people I dealt with are really helpful and tried to resolve the issue but failed.

Please let me knoe if your new handset get issue resolved so I can reconsider my options.

Regards

Vicky R

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@vicr76 wrote:

may be cancel my contract if not resolved

Are you in your 14 day cooling off period?  If not, please be aware that if you cancel your contract, you will need to pay for all time remaining in it. This could be quite pricey!

PWIAC