Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

s6 edge pros and cons

Jebelious
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
So it finally arrived s6 edge 128gb and I have been using it since friday, thought it was worth sharing some good and bad with the device as I have seen it so far.

Good bits , the device is nice and quick and the display is amazing. App wise the device comes with next to nothing pre-installed which was great. I am still trying to use the device and look at how it performs so will update more on this later.

Now for the cons, signal on this device seems to be a lot worse compared to my htc one, now the signal at home is not great but the phone just does not seem to register that it has any signal when it clearly does. As much as the device is quick I have noticed performance lag on the home screen occasionally and in some apps, I am thinking this is just a perception issue and again will advise later. So far I am happy but I hope this signal issue is not as bad as I am thinking it is

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

6 REPLIES 6

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
Look forward to seeing how you progress with the S6 Edge.

So some time on, i was using the HTC One M8 prior to upgrading, on my journey into the office (lovely 2hr commute) my phone would drop a call in certain places, the S6 Edge however kept the call going and did not lose signal once, hope this is a sign of things to come ;).

Battery still takes a beating when really using the phone (the charger it comes with is just simply out of this world). I must say its very strange coming from a HTC device on Android over to a Samsung, the difference in OS is just astonishing, I had used the M7 and M8 so my Google contacts had all of the HTC tags built into them so setting up a HTC went alot smoother so with the Samsung device I had to re-link all my contacts and I am still finding some that need doing.

More to come later :Winking_smiley:

secretcyrille
4: Newbie
I actually miss the HTC sense on my old M8, the twitter feed option was brilliant, but besides that I'm really enjoying getting to know my Edge.

I have to agree, the newsstand app that is built into the phone is quite poor i do wish there was a way to remove it and download the HTC version..

thesoupdragon

Android Authority have reported that DxOmark rate the S6 Edge as the best mobile phone Camera on the market.

The Note 4 comes in second with the iPhone 6 taking 3rd and 4th places. Sony are close behind in 5th place with their Z3.

How do you find the Camera (main rear shooter)?

Does the S6 have a manual mode?

Can the S6 save Raw images (DNG)?

TSD

Camera wise the picture quality is very good, i typically do not use any advanced settings so to answer your other questions someone who actually know what they are doing with the camera would be in a better position to answer. 

There are plenty of options, Pro Mode/Pano etc. HDR mode is there also and you can choose the picture quality/video quality size. The settings themselves are limited however there are other options when you select Pro mode that may do what you are asking but i have no idea what they are sorry. 

The quick launch (double tab home button) works really quickly and launches the camera without issue.