Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

samsung s6 edge cracked screen

Joshmurphy9548
2: Seeker
I've had my phone two weeks...I has a case on the back...I placed the phone on my coffie table as you do when not using it...it started to ring (therefore starting to virbate) next thing I knew the phone was face down on the floor...pick it up and what do I see....2 cracks in the screen!! Am totally disgusted with the quality of the make! That should not happen no matter what! I would like to know what options I have if any!?
4 REPLIES 4

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi, I would say very few options, the phone has basically been dropped, so won't be covered under warranty. I would advise contacting Samsung direct as Vodafone won't be able to help.

Do you have insurance?

EasyPC_info

So much for Gorilla Glass then, my Samsung S4 was in my pocket in a proper case and as I bent over, I felt it go, lo & behold, cracked screen.

It is covered on my house contents insurance but I have to pay the first £100 on any claim.

jacerli

Samsung says it charges $200 to replace the Edge’s display. A Samsung-certified repair shop, Cell Phone Repair (CPR) in Mountain View, California, quoted me a price of $259 to replace the screen on a broken Edge phone. The proprietor added that the part itself can’t be bought even from off-brand suppliers for any less than $170. And that doesn’t include labor costs. If you want to repair the phone without so much money you can get a screen replacement parts from HCQS and replace the screen by yourself or a repairman.

jacerli

Sorry for your case. The damage to the screen isn't under the warranty. So you have to pay for the screen replacement. If you don't want to cost much to repair your phone you can get a new samsung s6 edge screen and repair the screen yourself. Want to know the price for the screen replacement part? Just send an email to manager@hcqs-com-cn (change "-"with ".")