Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

First Software Update

sundawg89
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I was just looking to see when the first update will be rolled out for the S8. The reason being is that this fixes some of the full screen issues with apps and improves performance in various other aspects. Do you know when we can expect to see this rolled out?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

I've seen chatter about updates to stop the remapping of the dedicated Bixby button and an update to help with anyone seeing the red hue on the screen and to add more colours. 

Due to Vodafones Firmware Statement they won't comment on when or if an update will be pushed out. It's a case of keep checking your phones software update section. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

There is already a workaround for remapping the bixby button on the new update so thats not an issue. 

That sucks that vodafone don't comment on it!

Looking at my S8+ it had somesort of up date over night last night not sure what it did though Mt current Version is

G955FXXUIAQDD Baseband Version

G955FOVFIAQD9 

G955FXXUIAQDD Build Number

Looks like an update has just rolled out. This is for my S8

Details:

Version: G950FXXU1AQDD/G950FOXM1AQDD/G950FXXU1AQDD

Size: 644.21MB

Whats New:

- Stabilisation of new functions such as DeX and Bixby

- Stabilisatio of face recognition algorithm

No mention of Red tint.... If anyone has any other info on this update, please let me know.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last time VF Australia rolled out their updates VF UK rolled theirs out at the same time for the S7.

They seem to be a good indicator as to when we get updates..